CRM

KLar
Miembro

Multiple Offices

resolver

What is the best way to track companies with multiple offices?

We have tried having just one entry for the company as well as one entry per location with the city name included in the company name line. When there is just one company it's unclear where the client is and when there is more than one company the automatic association with the domain starts connecting contacts to the first company created. Neither seems like a great solution.

I'm sure we aren't the first to have this problem but I haven't found anyone else post about how they deal with it either.

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
webdew
Solución
Guía | Partner nivel Diamond

Multiple Offices

resolver

Hi @KLar ,

For the companies having multiple offices, the best solution would be to manage those companies in a parent child fashion in order to create some linkage between these companies. See this article here https://knowledge.hubspot.com/companies/how-can-i-add-a-parent-or-child-company-to-an-existing-compa... 

As per the issue regarding contacts being associated to the company that was created first, you can always turn off this automatic association to overcome this issue. See this article here https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/automatically-create-and-associate-companies-with-contacts 

Hope this helps!
If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regards.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

7 Respuestas 7
LThomas13
Colaborador | Partner nivel Diamond
Colaborador | Partner nivel Diamond

Multiple Offices

resolver

Are there any best practices for Company naming convention of parent/child international companies?

0 Me gusta
webdew
Solución

Multiple Offices

resolver

Hi @KLar ,

For the companies having multiple offices, the best solution would be to manage those companies in a parent child fashion in order to create some linkage between these companies. See this article here https://knowledge.hubspot.com/companies/how-can-i-add-a-parent-or-child-company-to-an-existing-compa... 

As per the issue regarding contacts being associated to the company that was created first, you can always turn off this automatic association to overcome this issue. See this article here https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/automatically-create-and-associate-companies-with-contacts 

Hope this helps!
If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regards.

MarkS_TLG
Participante

Multiple Offices

resolver

What about when there is not a parent-child relationship. For example, multiple departments of a Federal, State, or Local government? To drill down further; county fire, police, social services often use the same domain.

0 Me gusta
KLar
Miembro

Multiple Offices

resolver

Same thing, set the domain as the parent and then each department or office as a child.

One of the key things I learned using the function is that whichever company is set up first is the one new contacts will default to. You will probably want to make sure you set the parent up first because of this.

You can use the parent/child feature a few ways. I found it works best for me to have new contacts default to the parent and then manually move them to the child with the goal of having no contacts in the parent. It's easy to check the parent once in a while and when you see a contact reassociate them with the correct company. Alternatively, you could have each contact associated with both the parent and child.

Unfortunately dealing with one domain for multiple companies is a very manual process however you choose to manage it.

0 Me gusta
RayHoy
Colaborador

Multiple Offices

resolver

Is there some practical guidance for this? What is the best practice way to manage these multiple cities for companies without a separate domain name?  Meaning - do you name the Child  {company name "City" } and then create the child-parent relationship? I assume that you then would have to turn off the auto associate function.  For this company for example. How would I name one of the European offices and the association as they all have the same email and domain URL ending?

0 Me gusta
kvlschaefer
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

Multiple Offices

resolver

Hi @RayHoy,

Thank you for reaching out!

I wanted to invite our subject matter experts to this conversation to see if they have any advice.

Hi @danmoyle@jolle@christopher-RVO - Do you have any tips for @RayHoy?

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
KLar
Miembro

Multiple Offices

resolver

Thank you for the assistance!