CRM

Dr_Obino

Multiple Job Titles for Contacts

SOLVE

I have a contact which is associated with 2 companies in our database, I checked with support but it does not seem to be possible to associate multiple job titles with the Contact record e.g.

ContactName 

CIO at CompanyName ABC

Founder at CompanyName DEF

Obviously this isn't a huge deal when you're in the Company Record for which the primary Job Title is displayed but it would be preferable to be able to see the Job Title relevant to the secondary / alternate Company when viewing that Company record. 

2 Accepted solutions
webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Dr_Obino ,

Yes you cannot have two job titles for one single contact in CRM but you can always create a custom property for Job Title 2 and store your values.  But you can try this workaround with Association Label where you can associate records to connect them to your database. 

Firstly you need to create labels, 

Settings > contacts > Associations > create associations for a contact associated with multiple companies and add the label as Founder and CIO, see here 

webdew_0-1650514887500.png

Then, Navigate to the company records where you want to add this contact record you want to, while associating you need to choose Labels for the contact with the respective company.

webdew_0-1650516029525.png

webdew_0-1650515031704.png

Hope this helps!
If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regards.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Dr_Obino,

The Job title field is a single-line text property which can only take one value, not multiple values. As a workaround, you could enter both separated by a comma or a slash – not ideal for reporting, I know.

The situation you're describing might call for another solution. It seems counter-intuitive but these could be two separate contacts, as this person probably has an email address for each company. One of them might enter the sales process, the other not. While they're the same natural person, they can can be treated like different ones.

To make sure that everyone is aware of the other contact record, I usually pin a note to the top of the records that states that there is a related contact record. I also add a link to that record so that they're linking at each other.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Dr_Obino,

The Job title field is a single-line text property which can only take one value, not multiple values. As a workaround, you could enter both separated by a comma or a slash – not ideal for reporting, I know.

The situation you're describing might call for another solution. It seems counter-intuitive but these could be two separate contacts, as this person probably has an email address for each company. One of them might enter the sales process, the other not. While they're the same natural person, they can can be treated like different ones.

To make sure that everyone is aware of the other contact record, I usually pin a note to the top of the records that states that there is a related contact record. I also add a link to that record so that they're linking at each other.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Dr_Obino ,

Yes you cannot have two job titles for one single contact in CRM but you can always create a custom property for Job Title 2 and store your values.  But you can try this workaround with Association Label where you can associate records to connect them to your database. 

Firstly you need to create labels, 

Settings > contacts > Associations > create associations for a contact associated with multiple companies and add the label as Founder and CIO, see here 

webdew_0-1650514887500.png

Then, Navigate to the company records where you want to add this contact record you want to, while associating you need to choose Labels for the contact with the respective company.

webdew_0-1650516029525.png

webdew_0-1650515031704.png

Hope this helps!
If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regards.