Multiple Currencies - Live Rate vs Static Rate in Hubspot

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi 

Wondering if anyone had any experience or advice on this...

We sell in USD/EUR/GBP with USD being our main company currency

For EUR/GBP sales we used to convert at the live rate on the day of the sale and record that in Hubspot. 

In november we switched on multiple currencies in hubspot and it now converts at the rate we have set up in the settings. How do people find this? Do people record both the static and live rates for sales? 

Thanks in advance

Natalie

0 Upvotes
2 Replies
Community Manager

Hi @NatalieWhite ,

That is a great question! I want to tag in some of our subject matter experts to get their input.

@Josh@Tnichs@bradmin@FesAskari_SIC do you have any suggestions for @NatalieWhite ? 

Thanks,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Regular Advisor | Gold Partner | HubSpot Certified Trainer

@NatalieWhite,

Overall I would say that this is a business decision that would likely change based on how you report and on how the people you are selling to do business with you. If it's a one time service/fee, I would be more concerned about the static rate based, as it would show a more realistic view of the value to your business. If the payment structure is recurring, I would prefer to see the current rate.

We don't do a lot related to this situation, so I'm curious to hear what others have to say.

Thanks for the ping @jennysowyrda!

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

We help tier 1 & 2 manufacturers generate leads!
HubSpot Gold Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer