CRM

ShawnBarnes

Multiple Companies

SOLVE

Hey,

I have two companies, both with separate CRM's. Is it possible to have two companies under one Hubspot account or do I need to make two accounts?

Thanks

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Multiple Companies

SOLVE

Hi @paasto,

In the mobile app, when you tap the More icon on the lower right of the screen, you should see the Account that you're currently logged into at the top. Tap on it and you're able to switch between portals:

karstenkoehler_0-1624170803645.png

This only works for accounts under your current email address, if that's what you're getting at. If you want to access another portal with another email address, then yes, you'd have to log out.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
bvfolmer

Multiple Companies

SOLVE

I'm having this issue too. I have 2 separate companies with separate gmail based emails. It's impossible to be logged into both Hubspots simultaneously on Chrome. Even if it's totally different windows. This is so frustrating, and totally kills all efficiency. 

All I want honestly is to have separate email templates for both inboxes. That appears to be unachievable because when I connect my hubspot in one inbox, it logs me out of the other. 

mrobertson11
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

Multiple Companies

SOLVE

Hey, this problem is solved by using the business units add-on available with MHE. I'm happy to talk more if needed. - matthew@pearagon.com

Matthew Robertson
Account Executive

Sales | Pearagon

mobilePhone
801-999-0111 | (385) 317-3939
emailAddress
matthew@pearagon.com
website
www.pearagon.com

linkedin
Schedule Time To Talk
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

Multiple Companies

SOLVE

Hi @mrobertson11!

Thanks for sharing!

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

paasto
Participant

Multiple Companies

SOLVE

Understandbly two unique accounts are needed for two separate companies but the login to Hubspot nor the Hubspot app does not support this. 

On my laptop the workaround is to use different browsers - not great but OKish..  But how about the mobile app? Mobility is bcoming increasingly critical and the mobile app should functionality to switch between two companies is the user has privaledges or access to two (or more?) companies Hubspot "instance".  

0 Upvotes
Stasi
Participant

Multiple Companies

SOLVE

Yes, as much as I love hubspot this aspect is a trainwreck and makes managing the CRMs impossible without data and information crossing over from one CRM to the other.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Multiple Companies

SOLVE

Hi @paasto,

In the mobile app, when you tap the More icon on the lower right of the screen, you should see the Account that you're currently logged into at the top. Tap on it and you're able to switch between portals:

karstenkoehler_0-1624170803645.png

This only works for accounts under your current email address, if that's what you're getting at. If you want to access another portal with another email address, then yes, you'd have to log out.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Stasi
Participant

Multiple Companies

SOLVE

Hi Karsten, is there any work going on to improving the efficiency of using hubspot with two companies like this because it really kills the effectiveness of using Hubspot if you have to log in and out of hubspot accounts to do this for different companies.

What is happening when I'm working flat out is that my email addresses are getting mixed up between accounts to the point where it's making Hubspot more of a problem than useful for my email databases.

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Multiple Companies

SOLVE

Hi @Stasi,

Thank you for your feedback, and I completely understand where you're coming from. 

One thing you can do on your browser is to use browser tabs to differentiate accounts. I use tabs in Google Chrome to easily find my accounts and try not clear cookies too often as that can log you out of your account. 

If you have suggestions on how HubSpot could improve this experience, I would highly recommend you to please post your suggestions on the ideas forum.

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well. 

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
paasto
Participant

Multiple Companies

SOLVE

Thanks Karsten! Darn fast answer!

I did not know that there's a way to switch between portal when using one Hubspot with one email address. My problem is that I have to separate emails for two companies and using emails via or with Hubspot sets the next challenge.

I'll probably need to settle for a use case where I use the mobile app only with one of companies. This works in my case kind of ok (the other company is a side hustle where mobile app is more needed) and if I start needing the mobile app more with the 'main company', I'll need to to prioritize which company is 'on standy with the mobile app'. 😄

Thank you @karstenkoehler💥 Super fast reply and information that gave food for my brains. 👌

Cheers,
Tony

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Multiple Companies

SOLVE

Hey @ShawnBarnes HubSpot recommends creating a unique account for each business. HubSpot accounts are unique to a business's domain, e.g. www.hubspot.com or www.microsoft.com

Stasi
Participant

Multiple Companies

SOLVE

Hi, when you say set up unique accounts for each business I thought I did that, but they are just two accounts within hubspot that I have to select each time I go in. Is that what you mean, or do you mean totally separate Hubspot accounts?

I'm having this nightmare with the two business aspect and having to log out and in of the two accounts within Microsoft and even that doesn't work because it's just not that seamless and or time efficient.

0 Upvotes