CRM

SSmithBEP
Contributor

Multiple Companies on a deal

SOLVE

We will sell through partners so the primary company to the deal is a partner.  We would like to track the end customer.  Since we can only have one company per deal is there a way to add a custom property to a Deal Information and have be able to select from the Companies in the database? 

The same scenario would also apply to subscontractor we may want to track per deal.  I can create the property, but I do not see an option to tie the property to the company list.

2 Accepted solutions
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@SSmithBEP 

Do you have paid Sales Pro seats/the ability to use products?

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SSmithBEP,

This is now possible! The feature is in early access and you can opt-in for early access to the new associations, more details in this knowledgebase article:

Associate multiple companies with a contact, deal, or ticket and use association labels

Hope this helps! If it does, you can make it easier for others to find this information by accepting my post as a solution.

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SSmithBEP,

This is now possible! The feature is in early access and you can opt-in for early access to the new associations, more details in this knowledgebase article:

Associate multiple companies with a contact, deal, or ticket and use association labels

Hope this helps! If it does, you can make it easier for others to find this information by accepting my post as a solution.

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

KaraTicker

SOLVE

How do I unassociate a deal from one company and associate it to another?

0 Upvotes
SanderSchuringa
Participant

SOLVE

This is amazing news guys.. Well done! This will add so much more structure and overview to our way of working. Hand dows!

0 Upvotes
StefaniUAT
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @SSmithBEP ,

My apologies if I am misunderstanding but from what I can see at first glance, the Company should be the Partner and the end customer should be the contact record that is associated with the company/partner. You can associate records/end users with the company via deals even if the first stage in the first pipeline is "Contacted." You can then pull lists and reports (cross-object) based on both company and contact and be able to report on both company (partner) and the end customer (contact). 

You can indeed add custom properties (end user name) but I couldn't see an advantage on creating a custom deal property versus an associated contact. You can also pull lists and reports off of the number of companies (partners) and contacts (end users). 

You can do the same for subcontractors, associate contacts to companies, and differentiate by persona or even a custom contact property to differientiate. 

If this does not meet your business needs, please @ me and let me know the info I seem to be missing. Thank you!

Best,
Stefani Johnson
0 Upvotes
SSmithBEP
Contributor

SOLVE

So I have a partner that may have 100 contacts (each site has a different contact).  So If I add the contact of the end customer to each deal how would I develop a report on total revenue for the company based on the deals where any contact for that company is assigned to a deal

0 Upvotes
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@SSmithBEP 

Do you have paid Sales Pro seats/the ability to use products?

Best,
Stefani Johnson
0 Upvotes
SSmithBEP
Contributor

SOLVE

Not sure what the questions means.  This is my first week setting this up as a new system.  We have open seats under our enterprise license.

0 Upvotes
StefaniUAT
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Yay. Okay so HubSpot has products that Sales Pro seats can use, you can decide who needs access to the products and you can always change up the paid seats. Products are the equivilent to adding a shopping item to an online store if you were in E-commerce. It has a name of the product and pricing which you can attach to the deal. That way the deal will have a value amount of $xyz. Please read up on products on the knowledge base and this HubSpot blog article as this can explain this better than I can. 🙂 Since you have enterprise, you can probably also take advantage of quotes (like estimates that can also be connected to products). If you have questions after reading those, please lmk and @ me!

Since you are newer to HubSpot, I would also take a look here to take advantage of all of the HubSpot features that you currently have access to in your Enterprise account. I also have another couple helpful links that I wish I had when I first started using HubSpot:

1. HubSpot Glossary of terms and features 

2. HubSpot Knowledge Base aka documentation and instructions for literally everything on their platform with easy search functionality. 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
SKelly8
Participant

SOLVE

Was this answered?

I really need to link upto 3 companies to a deal. We want to see the name of the customer, the partner and the bank on the deal record, to link back to centralised reports on wht each partner and bank are deliveing for us.