CRM

Edyta7510
Guide

Multi-year revenue forecast

Résolue

Hi, 

I'm trying to find a reliable way to capture/report on multi-year revenue from deals that haven't been closed-won yet. 

Can I use recurring revenue fields for that purpose?

I can estimate annual recurring revenue, but will need to also track start and end date. 

End date is available within the recurring revenue properties, but cannot figure out how the start date can be tracked? 

Is this done at the line item level? 

Thanks

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
webdew
Solution
Guide | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Résolue

Hi @PamCotton ,

Check this article here: Track recurring revenue in HubSpot.
In thsi article, its says that : only deals in the Closed won deal stage are included in your revenue analytics report. A deal's Close date is the start date for revenue reporting.
https://prnt.sc/1ql79z0
So I guess, using recurring revenue field won't work for you. Your deals should be in won stage to get the recurring revenue report.

Regards!

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

5 Réponses
Edyta7510
Guide

Résolue

@webdew ok, gotcha. 

I found a workaround for it "for the time being" using multiple custom properties/workflows, etc. and I'm able to project these multi-year forecasts but this was extremely laborious and I'm afraid it's prone to mistakes/bugs. Will definitely request this as an idea on the community

webdew

Résolue

To be honest @Edyta7510 , even we have to struggle with this recurring revenue whenener a client ask for the same. I think HubSpot need to give more options in this regard 😞 Put any idea you have in the idea section of the community: HubSpot Community - Ideas - HubSpot Community.

Edyta7510
Guide

Résolue

Hi @webdew many thanks for this response. 

Cannot imagine I missed that "detail". 

Any ideas/recommendations on how to deal with this use case? 

As explained, some of the deals in our pipeline are multi-year opportunities - cannot quite treat them the same as one year/one time business opps. 

Thanks for any feedback you may have!

0 Votes
webdew
Solution

Résolue

Hi @PamCotton ,

Check this article here: Track recurring revenue in HubSpot.
In thsi article, its says that : only deals in the Closed won deal stage are included in your revenue analytics report. A deal's Close date is the start date for revenue reporting.
https://prnt.sc/1ql79z0
So I guess, using recurring revenue field won't work for you. Your deals should be in won stage to get the recurring revenue report.

Regards!

PamCotton
Gestionnaire de communauté
Gestionnaire de communauté

Résolue

Hello @Edyta7510, thank you for posting your question! I will add some top experts to this matter @webdew @Bryantworks any recommendations to @Edyta7510 matter?

Thank you!

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !