Multi-year deals & revenue breakout

Occasional Contributor

Hi - I have two questions.  

1) Multi-Year deals - I have an RFP for a three-year term.   I am wondering if there is a way for me to recognize this deal over the three year period?  For ex, if the total value is $300k, can I have this deal set up in such a way that it reflects three years - WITHOUT have to create three deals at (for ex) $100k each and three different closed dates?

2) Breaking out revenue - my deals have software license and services revenue.   Right now, it looks as if I can only have a total revenue figure for a deal.   Can I break a deal apart by revenue type and then have it total up.  For ex $50k license, $20k training and $30k services for a total of $100k?  If so, how do I do so?   I know I can create products but that functionality seems rudimentary.   How are people handling this? 

Thanks to everyone for their help!

Joe  

5 Replies
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @jbarrow  At this time, it is not possible to break out deals over yearly periods of time, other than creating new deals. 

Regarding your seperate revenue streams, the new Sales Professional includes a Product object that you can add to your deals.  Click here to find out more about Products in HubSpot.

Thank you.

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply and info Ed.   I am aware of the product feature but at this time it's not mature enough to give us what we need.   I have played around with it and tried to create a few different things but it doesn't do what we need yet.  Its a great step in the right direction and I will keep checking back on it.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello,  

I am looking for a similar feature.  Bascially I have a deal that I close in 2018 for instance but I won't do the delivery untill 2019 and then I might have more business for 2020, 2021....

Would love to have a function for delivery date which would include the revenu for each year.  Is there any alternative in the meantime? Thanks 

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @ycartier  No alternative yet. Revenue is is creditied to a deal's close date.  Great suggestion though. Can you add this as a post to our ideas forum for further comment?

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Check out www.quarterone.com - they have resolved this issue

0 Upvotes