CRM

DZgliński
Participante

Moving deal between pipeline stages automatically after set amount of time

resolver

Hi Hubspot Community,

Is it possible to move deals between pipeline stages automatically after set amount of time (for example 3 months)?

How can i do this with pipeline automation?

Thank you,
Dominik

0 Me gusta
2 Soluciones aceptadas
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @DZgliński,

With custom code actions in Operations Hub Professional, yes, but not out of the box, unfortunately. It would require coding and the Operations Hub subscription.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

DZgliński
Solución
Participante

resolver

Hi Karsten,

Thanks so much for your help in this matter! To automate our customer’s pipeline, we used the custom code from Operations Hub Professional.

Here’s how I managed to do it:

1. Create a scheduler that starts the workflow at a certain hour everyday.
  2. Create an “If” block that checks if the start date for the pipeline stage was already set. It does it by checking if my custom property that I made, which is “startDateRun-check”, is equal to 0. If it is not, it sets today's date to property “startDateRun” then it sets “startDateRun-check” to value “0”. Then, it moves to the custom code. If the start date was already set - it automatically moves to executing the custom code.
  3. In the custom code, I check if a month has passed with few “if” statements. Custom code should return the “output” value “True” if months passed or “False” if not. You only need input from the “startDateRun” property that holds the date to do that.
  4. Next, I copied the “output” value from my custom code to the property “Deal Output”.
  5. With the “if” block, I checked if “Deal Output” is True or False. If it is True, then I move the deal to the next stage, if not I end the workflow and it will start again the next day.

Best,
Dominik

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

8 Respuestas 8
DStaat
Participante

resolver

Hey @DZgliński,

I would recommend creating a time between property to track the count of days.

Have you heard of Tick Tock Today? It's an app that creates a today's date property for your objects. It's available on the HubSpot Marketplace.

DStaat_0-1696450332442.png

You could use this property to create a time between property. There's a blog post going over how to to that here.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out. I'd be happy to hop on a call with you!

Best,

-David Staat

DZgliński
Participante

resolver

Hi @karstenkoehler,
I would like to measure 3 months when the deal enters pipeline stage.
We have 5 pipeline stages: 1. Onboarding 2. Engagement 3. Ongoing 4. Renewal 5. Long Term Client/Resigned.

So I want to start measuring time when deal enters first stage then after 3 months it moves to other stage automatically.

Best,
Dominik

0 Me gusta
karstenkoehler

resolver

Hi @DZgliński,

Then it could be as simple as this, continuing with the other deal stages at the end.

karstenkoehler_0-1647080309751.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

DZgliński
Participante

resolver

Hi @karstenkoehler ,

Thanks for help. Just one more question. Because months have different number of days is it possible to set workflow that it will change deal stage exactly after one month. So if deal will start 1th January it will move to other stage exactly at April 1th. With hard setting at 90 days when months have different number it could create problems.

Best,
Dominik

0 Me gusta
karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @DZgliński,

With custom code actions in Operations Hub Professional, yes, but not out of the box, unfortunately. It would require coding and the Operations Hub subscription.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

DZgliński
Solución
Participante

resolver

Hi Karsten,

Thanks so much for your help in this matter! To automate our customer’s pipeline, we used the custom code from Operations Hub Professional.

Here’s how I managed to do it:

1. Create a scheduler that starts the workflow at a certain hour everyday.
  2. Create an “If” block that checks if the start date for the pipeline stage was already set. It does it by checking if my custom property that I made, which is “startDateRun-check”, is equal to 0. If it is not, it sets today's date to property “startDateRun” then it sets “startDateRun-check” to value “0”. Then, it moves to the custom code. If the start date was already set - it automatically moves to executing the custom code.
  3. In the custom code, I check if a month has passed with few “if” statements. Custom code should return the “output” value “True” if months passed or “False” if not. You only need input from the “startDateRun” property that holds the date to do that.
  4. Next, I copied the “output” value from my custom code to the property “Deal Output”.
  5. With the “if” block, I checked if “Deal Output” is True or False. If it is True, then I move the deal to the next stage, if not I end the workflow and it will start again the next day.

Best,
Dominik

DZgliński
Participante

resolver

Hi @karstenkoehler,

Thank you for you help. This is what i was looking for.

Best,
Dominik

0 Me gusta
karstenkoehler

resolver

Hi @DZgliński,

Yes, it generally is – could you specify when you would start measuring those 3 months? With this information, I can draft this workflow.

Generally, you would enroll deals into a deal-based workflow, based on whatever date you would start measuring from. After a 90 day delay, you would use the "Set property value" action from the right sidebar, choosing the Deal stage property. This is where you can pick the pipeline and stage you want to move this deal to.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler