CRM

GregStevens

Moving data from one Hubspot account to another

SOLVE

I've searched thru all kinds of posts here, but I haven't seen my exact scenario...which isn't that complicated, it seems to me.  I have a Hubspot account, call it GS1.  It's been keeping track of my email communications and all that stuff for a new project I've been working on.  Now, I want to take about the last 6 weeks of that data and bring it to a new Hubspot account...this is contact data, information related to email communications, dates of contact etc.

I have tried all manner of import/exports and I can't get that data to come over the way I need it to.  I want each contact I've got in GS1 to be populated with contact histories and such in the new Hubspot account.  What on earth am I missing here?

Is there a way to migrate that data to the new account.  When I import the data, it will just say something like 'contact was added via data import' or something like that.  Nothing about date of last contact or email history etc.  How to get this from one Hubspot account to another Hubspot account?

Bueller?

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @GregStevens 

Unfortunately this sort of thing isn't possible current;y. 

Migration of anything beyond on-record properties and manually entered notes/activities isn't possible currently - in part because the assets that the behaviour information relates to (like forms, emails, social posts etc) don't exist in the same way in the second portal. It would take some pretty complex engineering to bring information about engagement with an email across when the email itself isn't there. 

It's frustrating, but its the way it is. 

Hope this helps in some way. 

Edit: HubSpot's import feature has improved somewhat and should now, I think, let you import the true original source of contacts. A third party API mirgation vendor (like Import2 or Data2CRM) can go even further than this, but not as far as you were hoping.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
johnelmer
Top Contributor | Elite Partner
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

There is an app called the HubSpot to HubSpot Portal Migrator that is available in the HubSpot App Marketplace.  This data migration tool automates to process of merging two HubSpot portals, or migrating data from one HubSpot portal to another.  The app uses HubSpot APIs to automatically migrate CRM data from one HubSpot portal to another HubSpot portal. 

This automated app is ready to migrate your data with no field mapping required. There is no need to manually create properties. The HubSpot to HubSpot Migrator automatically takes care of everything required for moving your HubSpot data from one portal to another. This application migrates the following HubSpot data from one HubSpot portal into another:

• Contacts
  • Companies
  • Contact Lists
  • Company Properties
  • Contact Properties
  • Custom Properties for all Objects
  • Deal
  • Deal Pipelines
  • Engagements (Meetings, Tasks, Notes, Calls, Emails)
  • Owners
  • Line Items/Products
  • Tickets
  • Files/Attachments
  • CRM Associations between all records

The HubSpot to HubSpot Migrator is designed to update the data in the destination portal. This eliminates duplicate contacts and minimizes duplicate data. Use the Migrator to:
- Move data from an existing HubSpot portal to a new one
- Combines two existing portals into one
- Consolidate multiple portals
- Migrate data from a production portal into a sandbox portal

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM Implementation | HubSpot Custom Integration Services | Datawarehouse.io Apps for HubSpot
Elite HubSpot Solutions Partner
> Follow me on LinkedIn
kmassey
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi Greg,

I've done quite a few migrations from other CRMs to HubSpot and since default properties like 'create date' and 'last modified date' are automatically updated by HubSpot, I usually have to create separate single line text date properties to store the old data. Before importing I'll mass edit all of the dates in a date format that works for me in excel. Not sure if that answers you question.

A data management/import tool that I often use is Insycle. Using the free trial you can try it out, it may offer a better line of sight into the properties you're importing and you can actually edit the data in the platform itself before importing (sometimes excel can be a pain).

Best,

Katie

ScottDis
Participant

SOLVE

Our company is splitting off a division and we would like to copy all of their data to their own account.  Not sure how Hubspot handles this or should I say doesn't handle this.

Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @GregStevens 

Unfortunately this sort of thing isn't possible current;y. 

Migration of anything beyond on-record properties and manually entered notes/activities isn't possible currently - in part because the assets that the behaviour information relates to (like forms, emails, social posts etc) don't exist in the same way in the second portal. It would take some pretty complex engineering to bring information about engagement with an email across when the email itself isn't there. 

It's frustrating, but its the way it is. 

Hope this helps in some way. 

Edit: HubSpot's import feature has improved somewhat and should now, I think, let you import the true original source of contacts. A third party API mirgation vendor (like Import2 or Data2CRM) can go even further than this, but not as far as you were hoping.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
mw1610

SOLVE

Hi there,

your post has been a while ago - any news on the issue? I also need to transfer data from one account to another without losing notes ... thanks for your help!

nelled
Participant

SOLVE

I was on the phone recently with our customer success manager because we are getting ready to migrate 3 hubspot portals into one. (Our company has aquired two others that also use hubspot). Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a solution to this, except perhaps hiring an API vendor like what was mentioned above. 

It is sad to lose all that engagement history, but I don't know of any workarounds. 😞 

GregStevens

SOLVE

Argh, well that **bleep**.  But I get it.  Luckily, it's not a huge amount of data...and it's early enough in this project that I can import contacts and limp along for a bit and just use the new Hubspot account going forward.  Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it!