CRM

StPatrick
Contributeur

Moving/Exporting Overflow Contacts

Résolue

Hi,

We're running a lead magnet campaign that's successful - but it's also filling up our HS allocated marketing contacts pretty quickly. Is there a best practice for migratging these contact to another automation program? 

I was thinking of adding a step at the end of the contact's lead magnet workflow that:
(a) sends the contact to the other program (provided that they did not opt-out)  via Zaiper [need to check this for best way to do it] and then
(b) marks the contact as a non-marketing contact so we don't violate any unsubscribe  requests.

Any thoughts or experience with this type of approach? 

Thanks!

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
karstenkoehler
Solution
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

Hi @StPatrick,

Happy to help here.

@StPatrick wrote:

(b) marks the contact as a non-marketing contact so we don't violate any unsubscribe  requests.

These two things don't have anything to do with each other – the marketing contact status is purely a billing feature and doesn't say anything about consent or a legal basis for communication. (Consent should always be managed with subscription types.)

@StPatrick wrote:

(a) sends the contact to the other program (provided that they did not opt-out)  via Zaiper [need to check this for best way to do it] and then

Have you double checked how your marketing contact costs would increase? On this page, search for "marketing contacts pricing" and scroll down to the table below: https://legal.hubspot.com/hubspot-product-and-services-catalog

At a first glance, an overflow workaround might seem like the better option but the next contact range / bucket will give you peace of mind for a long time.

If that is not an option, then yes, syncing the contacts to another system, either via a direct integration or Zapier, could be feasable. When you do that, keep in mind that you would also have to make sure that one system has all information about unsubscribed contacts. There might be cases where the same contact is in both systems, unsubscribes in one and then should marked as unsubscribed in both. (This is one of the reasons why I would try to avoid such a setup as much as I can.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

3 Réponses
StPatrick
Contributeur

Résolue

Thanks for the reply. You've both given me food for thought! 

0 Votes
karstenkoehler
Solution

Résolue

Hi @StPatrick,

Happy to help here.

@StPatrick wrote:

These two things don't have anything to do with each other – the marketing contact status is purely a billing feature and doesn't say anything about consent or a legal basis for communication. (Consent should always be managed with subscription types.)

@StPatrick wrote:

Have you double checked how your marketing contact costs would increase? On this page, search for "marketing contacts pricing" and scroll down to the table below: https://legal.hubspot.com/hubspot-product-and-services-catalog

At a first glance, an overflow workaround might seem like the better option but the next contact range / bucket will give you peace of mind for a long time.

If that is not an option, then yes, syncing the contacts to another system, either via a direct integration or Zapier, could be feasable. When you do that, keep in mind that you would also have to make sure that one system has all information about unsubscribed contacts. There might be cases where the same contact is in both systems, unsubscribes in one and then should marked as unsubscribed in both. (This is one of the reasons why I would try to avoid such a setup as much as I can.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

franksteiner79
Conseiller clé

Résolue

Hey @StPatrick 

Just to add to @karstenkoehler's points.

What is the end goal here? You said you wanted to migrate "these contacts to another automation program?", to do what exactly? My questions would be:

• What are you automating with those contacts that you can't automate in HubSpot?
  • What is the cost of Zapier and the other automation program?
  • What is the cost of your time (or a team members time) to manage this additional overhead?
  • Is that cheaper than paying for additional marketing contacts? Buzzword - total cost of ownership.

As Karsten said, you can (and should) manage unsubscribes in HubSpot. The easiest way to do that is via the GDPR settings in HubSpot and checking the "legal basis required" checkbox.

This means if someone unsubscribed from a specific subscription type, they won't receive those emails. You could also create a simple Workflow that changes a contact's marketing-contact status when they unsubscribed. I don't think there is a generic setting for this in HubSpot, correct me if I'm wrong @karstenkoehler.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project