Moving Deals from one Pipeline to Another without Losing Data

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

We would like to use different pipelines for different deal stages. The first would be from lead to sale. The next would be from sale to delivery of product, and the last would be for customer services issues after delivery. I can't figure out how to move a deal from one pipleine to another without losing the record of the deal in reporting for the previous pipeline. For example, when the first pipeline is won by the completion of the sale, I move the deal to the Sale to Delivery pipeline, but then it no longer is reported as having been a won deal in the Lead to Sale pipeline. Has anyone figured out how to do this?

8 Replies 8
Highlighted
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @debra-jmxbrands, I beleive this is the tool working as currently designed. I want to make absolutely sure though that this isn't possible so I'll do some digging internally. @kcooper do you have any reccommendations for Debra on how how acheive this goal?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Top Contributor

So...you can only have a deal in one place at one time. But that doesn't mean that you can't have more than one deal record for the same deal...and to do it with automation - Zapier to the rescue! 

It won't bring over all of the attachments (and idk about the products either, haven't tested that one out yet), but you can set up a Zap to create a new deal and copy over pretty much all of the properties you had in the initial deal to a new deal in a new pipeline. Like this:IMG_20180518_074148.jpg

That way Deal A doesn't leave the Sales Pipe, and you don't have to recreate the deal by hand to get a copy of Deal A into Services Pipe (or into Support Pipe...or whatever you have named your pipes).

Set the Zap that triggers off a deal moving into the Closed Won Sales Pipe stage. Set it to create a deal in the Services Pipe, Kickoff stage (of whatever your first stage is called) copy all the properties you want it to carry over (It is pretty good about working with custom properties, too), and ta-da! You now have Deal A in Closed Won AND the same Deal record in Services Pipe.  Set up a second Zap for when it is ready to be moved into the Support Pipe. 

As I said before, it isn't perfect...I don't think it will carry over attachments (and idk about products), but this is probably the easiest, most automatic way for you to achieve what you are looking to accomplish. 

The Zaps I have set up are for creating next year's renewal deal when this year's closes. I find I can copy over a lot more information using Zapier than I can with HubSpot's deal creation workflow. Also, they are single step Zaps, so you don't have to have a paid account to use it! 

Did I totally misunderstand what you were looking for, or do you think that might be workable for you?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the information on Zapier. Can you keep the same deal name when you move from one pipeline to the next? We need to do that to match our in house POS system.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Top Contributor

I don't see why you couldn't technically keep the deal name the same...that might cause some confusion later on down the road, but as long as they are in separate pipes (and the Deal ID is different), then you should be able to work through it. 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I don't know of a deal property called Deal ID, just Deal Name.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi @kcooper , 

Thanks for a great suggestion. This is an issue we are struggelig with as well. Could you please elaborate on how you get associated contact and company into the new deal? 

Cheers, 

Gaute 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Advisor | Gold Partner

@gautemercell  With Zapier you can "Get Associations" from the original deal and "Create Associations" when creating the new deal. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

@HubSpotMaster thanks for this 🙂