CRM

SHartert

Moving Contacts to Reassigned Deals

SOLVE

Here's my challenge...

I've split an existing sales territory in half due hiring a new sales rep. The name of this territory is a custom field name (eg, US Central). It's no problem reassigning the Deals to this new rep as this territory field is included in Deals. It's a simple bulk edit.

The problem I'm having is reassigning all of the associated deal Contacts to this new rep.

The Contacts associated with these Deals are assigned to the previous sales rep, so I can't do a typical bulk edit since this sales rep has the other half of the territory (eg US East). A bulk edit moves all of the Contacts, and I don't want to do that. I only want to move those contacts that are associated with Deals assigned to the US Central territory.

What I want to do is to include this territory field into the Contacts and reassign those respective Contacts to the new rep.

I've been fighting with Hubspot to do this, but no luck.

Any suggestions?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SHartert,

You don't necessarily have to copy this deal information into contacts, you could simply create a contact list like my example below:

karstenkoehler_0-1617857367004.png

You can now either bulk edit the contacts right within the list or go back to Menu > Contacts > Contacts, filter your contact view by list membership and make the bulk edits there.

If you still want to copy the value from deal to contact, this is what a deal-based workflow could look like:

karstenkoehler_1-1617857498244.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
SHartert

SOLVE

Thank you, Karsten! Your solution worked perfectly. 

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SHartert,

You don't necessarily have to copy this deal information into contacts, you could simply create a contact list like my example below:

karstenkoehler_0-1617857367004.png

You can now either bulk edit the contacts right within the list or go back to Menu > Contacts > Contacts, filter your contact view by list membership and make the bulk edits there.

If you still want to copy the value from deal to contact, this is what a deal-based workflow could look like:

karstenkoehler_1-1617857498244.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

MarianaG
Contributor

SOLVE

It seems like you are having a conflict between objects. I can see a couple of ways to go about it.

You can create a contact base territory property and set a workflow to copy value from the deal-based territory property to the contact based one, then do your filtering under contacts and find people from the certain territory and currently assigned to the old rep.

or you can go to deals, filter by the old rep and the territory, export those deals to grab the associated contact email and manually update a sheet with 2 columns: the email of the associated contact and the new contact owner to update contact ownership to the new rep