CRM

Fergus_Yarno
Participant

Move deal from one pipeline to another based on stage

SOLVE

Hi Hubspot Community,

I am new to Hubspot and am spinning my wheels a little bit on workflows.

What would I like to achieve?

If a member of our sales teams moves a deal to a particular stage, I would like that deal to be automatically transferred into a new pipeline for our customer success team to begin managing.

Do workflows allow the automatic move of a deal from one pipeline to another?

Thank you,

Ferg

2 Accepted solutions
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Fergus_Yarno,

You can do this with a Deal Based Workflow if you have Sales Pro. To accomplish:

1. Start your workflow as Deal Based
  2. Choose which deal stage and pipeline you would use as your enrollment criteria
  3. For your action, Choose "Set Deal Property Deal Stage to..." whichever deal stage you want it moved to in the appropriate pipeline (all deal stages for all pipelines will show up)

Deal-Stage-Workflow.JPG

I hope that helps, but let me know if you need support with this!

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@sassbartley @rsallo,

We actually use @Josh's amazing response every day to help with our sales pipeline. To give an exact (SUPER LONG) example to visualize how this could work for you guys:

We are a university. We have 4 pipelines: Admissions, Enrollment, Future-start, Active.

Each one of these pipelines changes HubSpot teams to help advise them and move them into the next stage, and we create a new deal for each pipeline.

Pipeline 1: 

Admissions: Contacted Prospective Student, Applied to University, Admittance Accepted into University. Once they are Accepted/Admitted, we change the Admissions deal stage to Accepted (won-closed) or Application Denied (closed-lost) if they did not meet the criteria to attend our University. 

Pipeline 2: 

If the deal stage becomes Accepted/Admitted, we have an automated deal workflow to create an Enrollment deal. The Enrollment deal stages are Admit/Accept to start, moves to Enrolled (closed-won) when they choose to attend our University, pays the deposit, and fills out an agreement. They are moved to deal stage Accepted-Declined (closed-lost) if they chose to not attend our University after being accepted.

Pipeline 3:

Once the prospective student is enrolled, they move to Future Start/Enrolled. The deal stages are Future Start/Enrolled, Registred for all first semester classes, then Show (won-closed) or Non-Participant (enrolled, was registered for classes yet never contacted us or attended classes) which is (closed-lost)

Having multiple pipelines and deal stages help us keep tight records of each prospective student and/or how they move through the buying process. The multiple deals/pipelines also help with segmenting your contacts when emailing, especially with CTAs getting them to the next step. 

You can do something similar with tickets. However, deals are 50x easier to report and workflow on.

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Fergus_Yarno,

You can do this with a Deal Based Workflow if you have Sales Pro. To accomplish:

1. Start your workflow as Deal Based
  2. Choose which deal stage and pipeline you would use as your enrollment criteria
  3. For your action, Choose "Set Deal Property Deal Stage to..." whichever deal stage you want it moved to in the appropriate pipeline (all deal stages for all pipelines will show up)

Deal-Stage-Workflow.JPG

I hope that helps, but let me know if you need support with this!

Josh

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

rsallo

SOLVE

Hi @Josh 

One question re. your solution if you don't mind:

If all the deals in the stage "Won" of the pipeline "Sales" are automatically moved to the pipeline "Customer Success", how can we:

- See how many sales deals are won

- Create reports on number of deals won vs lost, etc?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
sassbartley

SOLVE

Wondering the same thing as @rsallo.

Any advice @Josh ?

0 Upvotes
Josh

SOLVE

@sassbartley,

There are a couple of options here:

• Leave the closed-won deal in closed-won, but then create a new deal for customer success
  • Instead of using a separate sales pipeline, use the tickets pipeline and create a ticket for the closed-won deal, leaving the closed-won in its place 

Josh Curcio

StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@sassbartley @rsallo,

We actually use @Josh's amazing response every day to help with our sales pipeline. To give an exact (SUPER LONG) example to visualize how this could work for you guys:

We are a university. We have 4 pipelines: Admissions, Enrollment, Future-start, Active.

Each one of these pipelines changes HubSpot teams to help advise them and move them into the next stage, and we create a new deal for each pipeline.

Pipeline 1: 

Admissions: Contacted Prospective Student, Applied to University, Admittance Accepted into University. Once they are Accepted/Admitted, we change the Admissions deal stage to Accepted (won-closed) or Application Denied (closed-lost) if they did not meet the criteria to attend our University. 

Pipeline 2: 

If the deal stage becomes Accepted/Admitted, we have an automated deal workflow to create an Enrollment deal. The Enrollment deal stages are Admit/Accept to start, moves to Enrolled (closed-won) when they choose to attend our University, pays the deposit, and fills out an agreement. They are moved to deal stage Accepted-Declined (closed-lost) if they chose to not attend our University after being accepted.

Pipeline 3:

Once the prospective student is enrolled, they move to Future Start/Enrolled. The deal stages are Future Start/Enrolled, Registred for all first semester classes, then Show (won-closed) or Non-Participant (enrolled, was registered for classes yet never contacted us or attended classes) which is (closed-lost)

Having multiple pipelines and deal stages help us keep tight records of each prospective student and/or how they move through the buying process. The multiple deals/pipelines also help with segmenting your contacts when emailing, especially with CTAs getting them to the next step. 

You can do something similar with tickets. However, deals are 50x easier to report and workflow on.

Best,
Stefani Johnson
ABolin
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @StefaniUAT! I believe I read this right but wanted to confirm. Is each of your pipelines managed by a different team? 

0 Upvotes
StefaniUAT
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@ABolin they are! Different pipelines are managed by different teams even though a manager may manage 2+ teams. We want each pipeline to differentiate the very unique inbound and sales journies through pipelines that customers go through and therefore each team has a specific focus. We are a University so the Admissions team will communicate with a potential student before they sign an enrollment agreement (a form of contract) and then we have an Enrollment Team who will focus on the family consultation, next steps, FAFSA, etc. Once their major paperwork and documentation are submitted, they will communicate with another team who will help them with specifics regarding making sure EACH question is answered, each document is in, they are fully prepared for college life. The next pipeline is Student Services who ensure they are successful in their courses. This is a major oversimplification but hopefully will give you a general idea of how we use this. 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
ABolin
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you so much for answering my question, @StefaniUAT!

StefaniUAT
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@ABolin, my pleasure.

Best,
Stefani Johnson
rsallo

SOLVE

Thanks @Josh and  @StefaniUAT  !

0 Upvotes
StefaniUAT
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@rsallo happy to help! Feel free to reach back out with any questions, reporting options, best practices, etc.!!

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Fergus_Yarno
Participant

SOLVE

Nailed it!

Thank you, Josh - have a brilliant day.

Ferg

0 Upvotes
Fergus_Yarno
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you so much, Josh!

I will attempt this solution now and report back. I appreciate your swift response.

Ferg

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

I stand corrected. Thanks @Josh for catching that.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes