CRM

JAM
Participant

More help needed to hide individual contacts from view?

SOLVE

I have read through all the instructions given on my previous post, but still can't see how I hide specific contacts from all other users except HubSpot owner.

Is there a way to do this by creating a team.. and if so, how do I assign specific contacts to a team?

For example - 

If I create two teams - TEAM 1 and TEAM 2 I'd like each team to be able to view/access their OWN Team's contacts only - e.g. TEAM 1 should not be able to view/access TEAM 2's contacts, and vice versa.

Is this possible? And if so, how do I do this?

1 Accepted solution
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @JAM . You would not assign a contact to a team; instead you assign the contact to an owner on Team X. All  owners with Team X permissions will be able to see and access other contacts owned by Team X members. Does this make sense? 

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

I beleive at this time you can only restrict views as follows:

Individuals can view all contacts

Individuals can view only the contacts they own

Individuals can view only the contacts they own or unassigned contacts.

I'm not sure if you can restrict/allow based on team membership. @edjusten is this something you are able to confirm?

edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Anonymous and @JAM  As it turns out, you can restrict viewing permissions by team, thanks to the new user interface that allows you to grant settings at a more granular level. Find out more about inidvidual contact permissions here.

Ed

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
JAM
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Pmint 2 and Ed.

I have created a 'Team X' - but how do I assign contacts to be viewed by this team only. Can you help?

0 Upvotes
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @JAM . You would not assign a contact to a team; instead you assign the contact to an owner on Team X. All  owners with Team X permissions will be able to see and access other contacts owned by Team X members. Does this make sense? 

Ed 

JAM
Participant

SOLVE

Ahhhh  haa!!! Makes total sense now. Sorry - new to all this and was getting totally confused! 😞

I have now successfully assigned specific users to Team X - and they can only see Team X and Unassigned contacts only and the assigned contacts cannot be seen by them - YAY!

Got there in the end!

Thank you!! 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

My bad! Thanks for the correction here. 

0 Upvotes