CRM

twylie

More dynamic contact views?

SOLVE

Hello,

Been using Hubspot sales for a year now and one thing has always been frustrating - creating more dynamic contact and custom contact views on the sales side. In the marketing portal you can create powerful contact reports and call lists based on a number of criteria, where it takes multiple views on the sales side do the fact you cannot group certain properties and utilize the "OR" function. 

Quick and easy example:

I want to create a contact list of have been on our website in the past 7 days OR opened an email in the past 3 with lifecycles xyz and all of the other property filters (we use a lot of contact properties).

In the marketing portal it's easy - seen on website in last 7 days OR opened email in last 3. 

With Sales CRM you have to create both lists separately, which takes a lot of effort given how many fields we use for our reps to have specific lists and now they're working off of multple lists (and the clutter!). For the past year I've been building these lists in the marketing side, then going over to sales and using the "list membership" - which doesn't show the reps the filters.

Has anyone found a better way for this or know why Hubspot restricts the dynamic lists to marketing only? I can understand why there are more fields and properties to sort from (like opening specific emails, however I don't know why you can use a rolling day count like in the past 4 days and you can't in sales), but don't understand why it limits the features. My assumption is that the sales side is (relatively) newer but I could be wrong. Any help / suggestions would be great! 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
aliciaw
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @twylie, most simply put the marketing tool is a paid product, so there's going to be more functionality on that side of the tool. The marketing "list" feature is super customizable in order to create targeted email campaigns and lists, and was around long before any of the HubSpot reporting add-on tools, so this was necessary for anyone who wanted to get detailed insight. The lists are also a seperate feature on the marketing side, essentailly making that tool a product, whereas the "view" is simply an aspect of the contacts feature within the CRM. 

On the sales side of the tool, it's going to be more basic functionality. You may consider giving your sales team a different set of User Permissions so that they can access these lists that you have in the marketing side of the tool. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
aliciaw
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @twylie, most simply put the marketing tool is a paid product, so there's going to be more functionality on that side of the tool. The marketing "list" feature is super customizable in order to create targeted email campaigns and lists, and was around long before any of the HubSpot reporting add-on tools, so this was necessary for anyone who wanted to get detailed insight. The lists are also a seperate feature on the marketing side, essentailly making that tool a product, whereas the "view" is simply an aspect of the contacts feature within the CRM. 

On the sales side of the tool, it's going to be more basic functionality. You may consider giving your sales team a different set of User Permissions so that they can access these lists that you have in the marketing side of the tool. 

twylie

SOLVE

Makes sense, thanks for your explanation. I am able to create the lists on marketing, then use the "List Membership" filter on sales CRM to pull them in - just a hassle and requires me vs them.

Only problem with giving them more advance user permissions is there isn't a role to my knowledge that allows them to just create lists, and don't want them to get sidetracked or spend time looking through all of the other areas in the marketing portal.

Maybe in the future Hubspot can integrate these dynamic lists into the sales CRM for paid Marketing users!