CRM

OliverMUK2
Participant

Mixing license types

SOLVE

Hi

Is it possible to mix license types? We have the main sales team, who I want to put on Pro but we also have some lead gen people who really only need access to contacts and logs so I'd like not to have to put them on Pro.

Olly

1 Accepted solution
johnelmer
Solution
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

Mixing license types

SOLVE
@OliverMUK2, Yes, you can mix license types. Some of your users can be on Sales Hub Starter or Professional and some can be on the Free CRM. This can be inconvenient in a few situations because not all users have the same tools, but it’s fine otherwise.
Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM Implementation | HubSpot Custom Integration Services | Datawarehouse.io Apps for HubSpot
Elite HubSpot Solutions Partner
> Follow me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
ABrennan
Participant

Mixing license types

SOLVE

So if I got the starter Sales Hub, would  everyone in the organisation be able to see the properties and active lists created by the 2 x sales hub seats?

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mixing license types

SOLVE

Hi @ABrennan 

They should be able yes for the properties, however for 25 active lists you need Marketing Hub Starter. Without it it'll only be 5 active lists. You can find more info about limits here

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

ABrennan
Participant

Mixing license types

SOLVE

@jennysowyrda does this also work with Marketing starter?  We need some additional properties (more than 10) and the extra active lists would also be useful.  If we purchased the 2 seat plan, would our free users be able to view the additional properties and lists?

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mixing license types

SOLVE

Hi @ABrennan 

Thank you for reaching out. 

Marketing Hub is portal based when Sales Hub is user based. If you purchase Marketing Hub Starter you'll get 1,000 custom properties & 25 active lists in total in the portal. You can find more here. Users would need to be given the appropriate permissions by Super Admins. 

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mixing license types

SOLVE

Thanks everyone! I wanted to highlight the "or" in @johnelmer's response. Users can have Sales Starter or Sales Professional seats mixed with free seats, however you cannot have sales starter mixed with sales professional seats. 

For more information I wanted to share the Sales Pricing FAQ page as well.

johnelmer
Solution

Mixing license types

SOLVE
@OliverMUK2, Yes, you can mix license types. Some of your users can be on Sales Hub Starter or Professional and some can be on the Free CRM. This can be inconvenient in a few situations because not all users have the same tools, but it’s fine otherwise.
Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM Implementation | HubSpot Custom Integration Services | Datawarehouse.io Apps for HubSpot
Elite HubSpot Solutions Partner
> Follow me on LinkedIn
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

Mixing license types

SOLVE

@OliverMUK2 Best to use the chat at the bottom right in the crm.  In the past I has two people and one starter license. I am not sure as the subscriptions increase so check with them.

0 Upvotes