CRM

NWooldridge

Missing contacts

Hi there,

I exported a list of contacts to Excel in HubSpot on 24/02/2021  - 36 days ago.

The Directors have gone onto the exported spreadsheet and highlighted those they would like to keep and those that can be deleted.

I have a contact (and now there are more than 1) with a contact ID but when I search for him in HubSpot, both in contacts, companies (AND in the deleted areas) there is no record of him at all???  Why would he appear on the list but not in the database?  90 days has not passed so surely if he was deleted, he should be in the 'recover' area?

Many thanks.

0 Upvotes
10 Replies 10
StefaniUAT
Key Advisor

Missing contacts

I am unaware of the free version, however, for the Enterprise version, HubSpot does not auto-delete contacts. I would assume this could break many industries' laws and regulations. The only time I have personally seen ContactIDs changing is due to merging. Have you tried importing a list of the email addresses to see what happens? HubSpot uses email addresses as the secondary form of ContactIDs. 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Missing contacts

Hi @NWooldridge,

Have you tried creating this contact manually with this email address and checking whether HubSpot tells you that a similar record already exists?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Missing contacts

Hi @NWooldridge,

Just to confirm, you're not using the HubSpot wide search, you're using the More filters button in the contacts home to search for the value of a specific contact? The HubSpot search does not crawl all contact fields.

karstenkoehler_0-1617284049550.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
NWooldridge

Missing contacts

Yes, I have searched specifically on the Contact ID that HubSpot exported to excel and nothing is found 😞

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Missing contacts

Hi @NWooldridge,

I assume you've tried finding the contact via other means (name, other property values)?

There is also a chance that a contact was deleted permanently from the recovery section, see the 'Delete' button:

karstenkoehler_0-1617283589353.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

NWooldridge

Missing contacts

Yes, I've tried searching on ID, surname, everything - and from the contacts and companies area???  As I say, no-one has touched this until today and I hadn't deleted anything before today and couldn't find this person anywhere when I can to do somthing with the file.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Missing contacts

Hi @NWooldridge,

Do you have any integrations with HubSpot? A contact deleted by an integration might not necessarily show up in the recovery section.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
NWooldridge

Missing contacts

We only intergrate through Outlook for the e-mails.

The strangest thing is, the name appears on the export on the 24th.  No-one has touched this list as it is my task for today so I cannot understand where it has gone?

0 Upvotes
NWooldridge

Missing contacts

Hi Karsten,

I am a Super User so should have the correct permissions.  I can see all assigned contacts and unassigned....

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Missing contacts

Hi @NWooldridge,

Could you confirm that you have full access permissions to view all contacts in your portal? https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/hubspot-user-permissions-guide#object-access

That could explain why you can't find the record.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler