Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Missing Companies When Uploading from Excel

Highlighted
Nan
New Contributor

I have an excel spreadsheet which I have used to import into Hubspot. After the upload was complete without any error messages under the company tab, there are about 60 empty slots where company names should appear but are blank. After scrolling down past the empty slots, the list beings from the letter A with a partial of the entire list going all the way down to Z but skipping numeorus companies along the way. The list then beings again but with domain names .i.e. ironmountain.com etc

Uploaded several times but still the same error. Same issue within the app. 

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Upvotes
5 Replies
Regular Advisor

Hi Nan

One "gotcha!" with the HubSpot CRM is the "Company Name" in the Contact is not related to the "Company Name" in the Company.

You can import the Contacts and specify the Company Name for the Contact.

Is that what you meant?

Mike

0 Upvotes
Nan
New Contributor

Mike,

Thank you for the reply. Ive attached a screen shot of what Im talking about. Because all the leads were imported in the same spreadsheet, Im not sure why some companies showed up, but numerous fields were left blank. Please see attached screen shot.Missing Companies.jpg

0 Upvotes
Regular Advisor

Oh, that does seem odd... could be worth importing again.

Question

Do you have auto-associate turned on? (more info)

HubSpot will try to associate a Company to a Contact based on domain name and email address. If there were emails and/or domain names missing that would explaining the missing properties.

Recommended approach

If you have one spreadsheet with your Contact and Company details on the same line then try the option "Import one file with multiple object types" as shown with these instructions:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/import-contacts-companies-deals-tickets-...

Basically what happens is it populates each row of your spreadsheet into the Contact and Company and creates an association. If there are 2 Contacts in the same Company it will de-duplicate based on domain name.

Re-importing

If a Company has a domain name the Company will be de-duplicated on the domain name if you re-import. Similarly if a Contact has an email address the Contact will de-duplicate on the email address if you re-import.

Removing previous imports

Alternately you could go to your imports screen where you will see the previous imports. You can remove them completely if that's easier.

Sometimes it takes a few attempts to get a perfect import but I think it's worth the effort.

Let me know how you get on.

Mike

0 Upvotes
Nan
New Contributor

Im so frustrated, Ive spent hours and just cannot figure it out. I have switched off the association, deleted several of the columns reuploaded the file, tried the single file with multiple ojbect types, the companies are always missing on the contacts side and about 20% of the companies show up on the companies side. 

Going to try Bitrix24. Id be happy to mail you the excel and give you my login... I just need to get to work and cannot spend any more time fiddling with getting a xlsx to populate.

0 Upvotes
Nan
New Contributor

If anyone can help I would be willing to pay for someone to upload the xlsx file and get companies to populate. 

My coworker started using Hubspot as well and has the same problem. We realized after hours that the company name is the field in contacts but on the company side the field is simply name. Super unintuitive when loading fields for companies and contacts at the same time.   

Why is it so hard to upload into Hubspot?

What is the benefit of having to seperate fields for Company and Contact?

Wouldnt it be more functional to have one section for both company and contact information rather then having to switch between the two if I want the info?

0 Upvotes