CRM

JDutton
参加者

Minimizing duplication from form entry

解決

1) We are working with a professional association that has provided us a list of 500 member organizations. 

2) This list contains both company and associated contacts info. 

3) However, only about half the companies have actual domain names, or emails with unique domain names (ie, not gmail, or isp domains). 

4) I uploaded the list and in doing so created company records for each member association (and contact records).  I then exported this to get the company object IDs;

5) We are going to send out FORM via a marketing email for each of the member organizations to complete. 

6) For the companies/contacts with emails that are not associted with a domain/company record (ie. that are gmail, yahoo, isp domain), I am trying to think of a way to prevent, or limit depulication when they fill out this form.

7) OR barring that, if there are any design considerations on the form, or the properties therein, that might make de-duplication easier, or able to be automated with a workflow.

I thought about creating customer urls with the query function, but #1 I can;t find a way to get company ID's onto a form, #2 how to send those URLS in a mass way nd #3 it's possible some of these member companies will be filling it out via an ipad at an upcoming conference. 

I also thought about using a dropdown property, if there was some way the values could be set to link to the company or contact ID's. 

Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated. 

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
RBozeman
解決策
参加者

解決

Hi @JDutton,

I'm not sure if this is still an issue for you, but I thought I'd drop in and help. 

Insycle could help with this. Full disclosure, I work there as a product marketer, but it can help with your use case in multiple ways. 

First, Insycle allows you to dedupe any record type (contacts, companies, deals, custom objects) in HubSpot. Further, you can match duplicates using any field in your database, so you won't have to rely so heavily on email domains to determine when an existing contact should be associated with a company, and not create a new record (thus creating a duplicate contact). 

For example, you can use similar or exact matching on a full name, company name, email domain, mailing address,  - whatever fields make the most sense based on your use case.

Then, you can set rules for determining the master record that duplicates will all merge into. For example, if you have 3 duplicates in a duplicate group, you can choose to determine the "master record" using any property in HubSpot. Maybe you'd like the first created record to be the leftover record after the merge, or the record with the most recent activity, or the record with the highest deal amounts associated with it. 

Then, you inject Insycle into HubSpot workflows, so that automatically after a prospect fills out a form (and before you communicate with them), the record is analyzed for duplicates and merge if one is found, based on the rules that you set. Here's what that might look like in action:

workflow111.png

Hope that helps!

Best,

Ryan

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 いいね!
4件の返信
RBozeman
解決策
参加者

解決

Hi @JDutton,

I'm not sure if this is still an issue for you, but I thought I'd drop in and help. 

Insycle could help with this. Full disclosure, I work there as a product marketer, but it can help with your use case in multiple ways. 

First, Insycle allows you to dedupe any record type (contacts, companies, deals, custom objects) in HubSpot. Further, you can match duplicates using any field in your database, so you won't have to rely so heavily on email domains to determine when an existing contact should be associated with a company, and not create a new record (thus creating a duplicate contact). 

For example, you can use similar or exact matching on a full name, company name, email domain, mailing address,  - whatever fields make the most sense based on your use case.

Then, you can set rules for determining the master record that duplicates will all merge into. For example, if you have 3 duplicates in a duplicate group, you can choose to determine the "master record" using any property in HubSpot. Maybe you'd like the first created record to be the leftover record after the merge, or the record with the most recent activity, or the record with the highest deal amounts associated with it. 

Then, you inject Insycle into HubSpot workflows, so that automatically after a prospect fills out a form (and before you communicate with them), the record is analyzed for duplicates and merge if one is found, based on the rules that you set. Here's what that might look like in action:

workflow111.png

Hope that helps!

Best,

Ryan

0 いいね!
JDutton
参加者

解決

You have my attention! I am definitley interested. 

0 いいね!
CFalstad
投稿者

解決

Did you try this? curious to know if it worked before I try it...Not a fan of 'add-ons', but duplicates are wreaking havoc on the quality of our system, the ability for users to be self-sufficient, and the ease of using HubSpot. 

I'd love to hear about your experience. 

@RBozeman @JDutton 

0 いいね!
TiphaineCuisset
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @JDutton 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @Josh @Mike_Eastwood @Aakar do you have any thoughts for @JDutton on this? 

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 いいね!