Migration of deals and company URL

Highlighted
Berater

Hello,

I am working to migrate deals from a different CRM.  My understanding from a migration support phone call is that deals are associated with contacts and companies via the URL of the company web address and then email domain of the contacts.   

If this is correct, it's curious that "URL" or "Company URL" is not a column option during the deals import process.     

So,  how are specific deals associated with specific companies and contacts during the import process?

Thanks,

jfd118

Antworten
0 Like / Likes
2 Antworten
Highlighted
Sachkundiger

Company records are created based on the domain of a contacts email address. You can choose to have a setting on so that company records are automatically created based off the domain. While you pay for the number of contacts in HubSpot, you can have unlimited Companies.

I believe what you'll need to do is have two seperate files: one with companies and one with deals. While importing choose 'multiple files with associates' then choose Companies and Deals. https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/import-objects#import-two-files-for-association

Antworten
0 Like / Likes
Berater

Thank you for replying.   What happens when the company URL and the email domain are different?  Is there a means to force the relation. 

Jan

Antworten
0 Like / Likes