CRM

williamritchie

Migrating from Insightly

SOLVE

Hello

I'm new to Hubspot. We currently have our data in Insightly and would like to migrate to Hubspot. Is there a user friendly way we can achieve this with the contact and event entries without having to do a long manual process of data cleansing csv files?

Thanks

William

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Migrating from Insightly

SOLVE

Hey @williamritchie welcome to the HubSpot Community!

Full details of all the migration/import options available to you are listed and explained in detail here: How to import data into the HubSpot CRM

Once you've cleaned your data and prepared for the migration, there are several methods of bringing your existing records into HubSpot. The best option for your organization depends on the type of data you have and the internal resources available to you. Below, I've outlined the basics of the four approaches to migrating data (but the page above will explain each in detail):

- CSV Import LEARN MORE ››

- Third Party Systems like Import2 and Trujay Group

- HubSpot Technical Consultant LEARN MORE ››

- API Endpoints LEARN MORE ››

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
TrujayJay
Top Contributor | Elite Partner
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

Migrating from Insightly

SOLVE

Use Trujay next time 😉 

Trujay | Noah Hendricks
0 Upvotes
OLukavetska
Contributor

Migrating from Insightly

SOLVE

Hi,

I'm sure that you have performed your Data migration. However, I'd like to drop here my reply in case someone will have the similar question in future.

My firm belief is that you should take advantage of automated data migration.

Actually, manual data transfer is well too. But, it takes too much time. So, you will have less time for managing the business.

Hope, you find my advice helpful.

Kind Regards.

0 Upvotes
Nataliia
Participant

Migrating from Insightly

SOLVE

Even though you have moved your records, you can check out an automated migration service Data2CRM for further migration projects. The SaaS helps you move data fast and securely, as well as enables you with the fields and users mapping to fit your business requirements.

ashley_milne
Top Contributor

Migrating from Insightly

SOLVE

Hi William,

As noted in the thread here, there are a few options to import your data. One of the key things to note is that if you choose to do a manual import (i.e. using files) there are some limitations to be aware of:

1) You must import Contacts and Companies separately, and the only way to associate them is via the domain/website. There is more info on this in this thread here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/importing-companies-with-contacts-Together/m-p/9042#M244

2) Deals cannot be associated to your Contacts during import - you would have to import them separately and manually link them after. There is more about this here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/CRM-Deal-Import-Automatically-Associate-with-Contacts...

3) Hubspot does not support import of notes, activities, etc. (called "engagements" in Hubspot) at this time. A similar question was asked here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Sales-Product-Support/Migrating-from-SugarCRM-to-Hubspot/m-p/6777#M...

If you use API to import your data, you can ensure that all data is transferred over just as you have it in your source, including activities, notes, etc. and your original record relationships. If you don't have the resources to import over the API at your company, you can use a third party service. Import2 offers this as part of our standard data migrations. If you wish to preview how this works with your own data, you can set up a free sample migration anytime here: https://www.import2.com/hubspot/crm/from/insightly

Best,

Ashley

roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Migrating from Insightly

SOLVE

Hey @williamritchie welcome to the HubSpot Community!

Full details of all the migration/import options available to you are listed and explained in detail here: How to import data into the HubSpot CRM

Once you've cleaned your data and prepared for the migration, there are several methods of bringing your existing records into HubSpot. The best option for your organization depends on the type of data you have and the internal resources available to you. Below, I've outlined the basics of the four approaches to migrating data (but the page above will explain each in detail):

- CSV Import LEARN MORE ››

- Third Party Systems like Import2 and Trujay Group

- HubSpot Technical Consultant LEARN MORE ››

- API Endpoints LEARN MORE ››