CRM

josce06

Message: Your permissions don't allow you to edit this deal.

SOLVE

On all my deals pages I get the message "Your permissions don't allow you to edit this deal" I am a super admin and should have all access. I simply want to be able to assign the deal to an owner. Can anyone help to solve this problem? I'll mention that our deals are being self generated from Shopify

2 Accepted solutions
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @josce06 it sounds like there are still restrictions on your Deal permissions.

Your options are to Edit Every Deal, Deals owned by your team Team and/or unassigned, Team only, Owned and Unassigned, and Owned by you only.

I'd reccommend reviewing these permissions as they are the most likely cause for this user error. Find out more here: HubSpot user permissions guide

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi @josce06 thank you for following those steps. No need to send the HAR file now - the product team have confirmed what is happening. 

Ceals created by the Shopify integration are read-only for ever user, including Admins, (that's all the deals in that Ecommerce pipeline.) This is the tool working as designed, Shopify deals that are designed to be not editable.

Please let me know if there is a deal that was not created by Shopify which you are unable to edit.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
14 Replies 14
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @josce06 it sounds like there are still restrictions on your Deal permissions.

Your options are to Edit Every Deal, Deals owned by your team Team and/or unassigned, Team only, Owned and Unassigned, and Owned by you only.

I'd reccommend reviewing these permissions as they are the most likely cause for this user error. Find out more here: HubSpot user permissions guide

0 Upvotes
josce06

SOLVE

I am a super admin and I'm the only one that manages our account. From what I can see I shoudl have full access, but I do not. 

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@josce06 please can you share a screenshot of the error message and a link to the deal you are trying to edit (only you and I will be able to access it). 

0 Upvotes
josce06

SOLVE

image.pnghttps://app.hubspot.com/contacts/4260662/deal/309460673/?interaction=note

It's not a specific deal...its EVERY deal. But I've attached screenshot and link to 1 deal. Thanks for helping me with this. 

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @josce06 thank you for your patience as the support team look into this. The team have requested a HAR file of your attempt to load the deal page so that they can troubleshoot further.

Can you please follow the instructions below and then send the results to me via private message?

Troubleshooting Toolkit: Collecting a HAR file 

0 Upvotes
josce06

SOLVE

I have the Har saved, but I don't know how to PM you...help? 

0 Upvotes
josce06

SOLVE

I figured out to PM you, but can't upload a file. How do I upload the .har? 

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi @josce06 thank you for following those steps. No need to send the HAR file now - the product team have confirmed what is happening. 

Ceals created by the Shopify integration are read-only for ever user, including Admins, (that's all the deals in that Ecommerce pipeline.) This is the tool working as designed, Shopify deals that are designed to be not editable.

Please let me know if there is a deal that was not created by Shopify which you are unable to edit.

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
frankrelle
Participant

SOLVE

Hello,

I'm also encountering this roadblock and need to be able to assign deals that come over from the shopify intergration to their existing contact owner.  Have there been any updates to this functionality?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
IRONNECK

SOLVE

This is a problem we've dealt with since we began integrating web sales automatically. No fun. We need to be able to make edits to deals in this pipeline (i.e. adding other contacts to the deal, product returns, etc.). Looking forward to an update.

Thanks!

Matt

0 Upvotes
AngelaHengsberg
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

SOLVE

Also for us this is a big problem. As we need to test our webshop (E-commerce Pipeline), we now have serveral faked deals which we can't delete. This makes our forecast unuseable.

When there will be a solution?

0 Upvotes
josce06

SOLVE

Ok I understand. However, the problem is that we use hubspot to manage our sales team. If we can not edit the deal, then I (or my teams) can not assign deals to specific sales reps. This means that I cannot report sales activities and essentially we don't need a CRM if we can't manage our sales activities. 

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Which deal properties are you specifically looking to edit and why? This detail/context is useful to pass on to the product team. 

0 Upvotes
josce06

SOLVE

I don't think it would help to give you a specific deal, but rather I'll just explain that I need to assign deals (sales) to our sales reps. Currently shopify doesn't have a feature to assign a sale to someone, thus I'm looking to manage sales within the hubspot portal. I need my reps to be able to look at all "their" sales and I need to run reports.