Merging Collected Forms Property and Custom Property for Import

Highlighted
New Contributor

I am currently collecting form data for newly generated leads, however I am importing a large number of contacts from our existing system and would like to use the same properties. I notice thought that I cannot use the properities generated by the collected form for my import.

I understand that I could export/import existing contacts, however moving forward how can I make sure that collected form data will conform to my custom properties?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @bength  At this time you cannot merge or import into Collected Forms properties. This is a limitation of the collected forms tool. You can create new properties with the same names and label, but you can't import into the collected forms properties created by HubSpot. 

Ed

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Thanks @edjusten for the clarification, I thought that was the case.

You mentioned that I can create a new property with the same name/label, but it doesn't appear that duplicates are allowed. Unless there is a configuration I am missing?

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Has this "issue" been resolved so that we can merge properties? I is VERY unfortunate that the collected forms fields cannot be merged with the foundational fields. If there is not solution for this it will create a huge issue for us using various ways to collect informaion though forms, social media camplaigns etc. When we later need to search on properties like countries and send targeted campaigns to for example a specific country we would have to include ALL various property fields...

I am looking forward hearing back from you, and hope that there is now a solution to merging properties with the same information.

Thank you!

0 Upvotes