CRM

gil1001
Top Contributor

Merge companies - going forward

SOLVE

We've done a large effort to merge companies. However there are companies that use several different email domains, so I'm concerned about those being re-created in the future.

Is there a way to set up a workflow that will merge new similar contacts to the one company?

Example:

Joe@abcd.com

Max@us.abcd.com

Max and Joe work for the same company and I want both their record to appear under abcd.com

I can merge companies today, but how do I prevent of us.abcd.com company from being created in the future?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

>>"...how do I prevent of us.abcd.com company from being created in the future?"

Short Ans: Not built-in native HubSpot functionality.

Longer Ans:

Unfortunately, there is no built-in capability to auto-merge records based on rules in HubSpot. However, there is at least one HubSpot integration partner working to solve this pain -- see Insycle

That being said, even this beautifully simple solution to an ugly complex problem across CRM's can't solve for all use cases.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

>>"...how do I prevent of us.abcd.com company from being created in the future?"

Short Ans: Not built-in native HubSpot functionality.

Longer Ans:

Unfortunately, there is no built-in capability to auto-merge records based on rules in HubSpot. However, there is at least one HubSpot integration partner working to solve this pain -- see Insycle

That being said, even this beautifully simple solution to an ugly complex problem across CRM's can't solve for all use cases.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
gil1001
Top Contributor

SOLVE

I thought this was the case, but it is still sad that I can't just say, compny abcd inlcludes all emails that are abcd and abcd.com