CRM

KRush
Participant

Membership Organization

Hi there,

I work for a membership organization.   The membership sits at the organization level vs. with a specific contact.    I'd like to figure our a way to track renewal dates (renews annually) and the membership fees.  Any suggestions on how to best do this?

Any other membership orgs or associations out there?

TIA!

5 Replies 5
VEspo
Top Contributor

Membership Organization

We need the same thing - desperately.  Since nobody answered your (@Jnix284), I'll let you know my aswers to get this going again ...

(1) Are you using Companies to track the Organizations and associate to the Contacts?  Yes, In our case, the Companies are Golf Clubs and the Contacts are Club Members.

(2) Are you currently tracking the membership renewal and fee information at the Contact level?  No, because a contact (golfer) can be associated to more than one company (club) so the contact could have multiple expiration dates.

(3) Do you have Automation/Workflows included in your HubSpot subscription? Yes

The Associations "could" work IF we were allowed to add custom properties it.  For example, join date, expiration date, status, billing code, etc. Although, status could probably be handled by the association label, but not the other fields.

Thanks in advance!

HMansfield

Membership Organization

Hi @KRush, thanks for asking the question. We are also a membership organisation and I have the exact same question. I'm just trying to work out how best to use Hubspot as a way to track membership leads and also renewals.

Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Membership Organization

Hi @KRush  - happy to help work through a solution (or two) to make HubSpot work better for you.

A few basic questions to get a better understanding of your setup:

Are you using Companies to track the Organizations and associate to the Contacts?

Are you currently tracking the membership renewal and fee information at the Contact level?

Do you have Automation/Workflows included in your HubSpot subscription?

The others might have additional questions, but I think this is enough to get the conversation started. 🙂

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Membership Organization

Hi @KRush 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts here - @Josh @ChrisoKlepke @Jnix284 do you have some advice for @KRush on this?

Thank you!

Best,

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes