CRM

SSmithBEP
Contributor

Meetings - And Not Require Forms

SOLVE

I want to send an email to a contact to select a time for a meeting.  If I go to Contact - Meeting I must select the time.  If I go to Contact - Email - Meetings and select a Meeting Link it requires the receipent to fill in a form of first name, last name, and email address.  Which of course are all known and annoying to force the customer to fill in that information.

Is there a way to allow a Contact to select a meeting time wo

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Ahhh yes @SSmithBEP,

If you aren't using HubSpot forms/cookie tracking then a customer will have to fill it out since it most likely won't be known. I don't see there being a workaround for this only because if there isn't proof (like previous cookies) someone could just type in random email addresses and try to get auto-populated information or use some kind of social engineering tactic. I understand it is annoying but it seems quite necessary for protecting customer's personal data and ensuring enough information is being collected to actually assist the customer. 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
StefaniUAT
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@SSmithBEP,
HubSpot uses cookies to track cookies and autopopulate known fields or autocreate. Instead of trying for a contact, input a form with YOUR test info and then attempt to fill out the meetings link on your computer and you SHOULD see the values populated. This replicates what a customer would see versus what you expect to see on the customer's side. Give this a try and let me know. 🙂

Best,
Stefani Johnson
SSmithBEP
Contributor

SOLVE
Situation we are 10 years old, but Hubspot is new, so there are no forms any of our contacts would have ever filled out. So I understand this correctly it will show up blank the first time.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
0 Upvotes
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Ahhh yes @SSmithBEP,

If you aren't using HubSpot forms/cookie tracking then a customer will have to fill it out since it most likely won't be known. I don't see there being a workaround for this only because if there isn't proof (like previous cookies) someone could just type in random email addresses and try to get auto-populated information or use some kind of social engineering tactic. I understand it is annoying but it seems quite necessary for protecting customer's personal data and ensuring enough information is being collected to actually assist the customer. 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
SSmithBEP
Contributor

SOLVE

Unfortunately that does not work,  I ran a test with a contact and it still shows up as blank form that requires to be filled out.

0 Upvotes
StefaniUAT
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @SSmithBEP ,

The HubSpot Meetings link under sales are definetely your best option. Yes, the meetings link requires First Name, Last Name, and Email however HubSpot added features that you can toggle to make it easier for the human booking the meeting. Please see the following options at the bottom of the second page, or Configuration, when creating/editing a meetings link. You can have HubSpot prepopulate known values and even autosubmit if all 3 properties are all known (which it sounds like in your case are).

StefaniUAT_0-1617419268959.png

Best,
Stefani Johnson