CRM

PAtlan
Contributor

Meeting minutes are hidden by the large amount of unnecessary text from Teams or Zoom invites

Hi, 

the ability to create and log meeting invites from Outlook exchanges is extremely valuable to us, as is the ability to log notes directly on the meeting. However, I'm running into a usability issue which is blocking adoption by my users. 

Outlook (and others) add a LOT of text for zoom or MS Teams links to the invite itself. A typical invite will have a title, a brief intro and 20 to 30 lines of MS Teams links (see screenshot).

Because the only way to add meeting notes is through the "comment" field at the end, and this field is hidden unless you show ALL the mail, the UX becomes unwieldy, and you can't find your meeting notes at a glance.

I'm wondering if others have met the same issue, and what workaround they've found (initially, my users were deleting the cruft in the invite, until they realized it was RESENDING the invite back to the client .... ooops)

5 Replies 5
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Meeting minutes are hidden by the large amount of unnecessary text from Teams or Zoom invites

Hi @PAtlan,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! 

This is a good question 😄 

I would like to invite our subject matter experts to see if they have any suggestions.

Hi @Jnix284@NicoleSengers@SNigam - Do you have any tips for @PAtlan

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

@kvlschaefer happy to help offer insight, thanks for the tag!

Hi @PAtlan, as you and your team already discovered, modifying the meeting content to remove the zoom/teams info causes the calendar link to update and resend, but the comments are buried at the bottom.

Rather than using the "Comments" section, there is also a "Team notes" section that can be used, unfortunately it is also buried at the bottom.

I couldn't find any ideas in the community for this specifically, but it might be worth adding an idea to move the Team Notes above the Meeting Description.

Internally, the Team Notes are more important than the Meeting Description, which is often repetitive and automated.

If you add the idea, share the link back so we can upvote 🙂

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

PAtlan
Contributor

Hi @Jnix284 and @kvlschaefer , 

thanks for picking this up. 

As a matter of fact, i did write up an idea for this, it's here if you want to upvote (Thanks!)

I like the simple description of "moving the team notes above the meeting description" which has more punch than my initial description - I'm stealing it to edit the idea title!

Jnix284

Hi @PAtlan you're welcome, happy to upvote!

The link in your post went to a blank tab, but I was able to find it here in case anyone else comes across this and wants to upvote 🙂

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

PAtlan
Contributor

Thanks. Also: link corrected. Double thanks!