CRM

TReid5
Membro

Matching contacts'company name to HubSpot company database

resolver

Dear whom can help,

I am trying to link our contacts who provide their company name with companies in the Hubspot company database automatically to get their company details. Is there a way to do this automatically?

Thanks 

Tamara

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
AdamLPW
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver

@TReid5 - HS can only look up company insights using a Company record with a domain.  You'll need to

1. Create company records with domains, then
  2. Associate each customer with a company record

To bulk-create companies, you'll need to do an import.  Follow my original instructions to create an export of the contacts.   Once you've exported the list, you'll need to filter the company column to just get unique records.  You'll then need to manually add the domains to your spreadsheets and import this into HubSpot.

For step 2, see my original instructions.  

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"

Exibir solução no post original

9 Respostas 9
deepikaverma
Orientador(a) | Parceiro
Orientador(a) | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @TReid5 

You can do that, but you have to take care of the following things.
- Toggle on the automatic association company and contacts
- To automatically associate the company with free email addresses like Gmail, the contact property website URL should be known-  to attempt to match the contact with a company's domain name.
Reference article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/automatically-create-and-associate-companies-with-contacts

I hope it helps!
Thank you.

AdamLPW

resolver

Hi @TReid5,

When you say "the Hubspot company database", do you mean your own HubSpot companies list, or are you talking about when HubSpot automatically populates some company details for you?

Both are driven by email domain.  The HubSpot detail is populated by HubSpot Insights.  The matching with your existing companies should happen providing you've set HubSpot to associate contacts by domain.

Does this help?  Do you have work emails/domains for each contact?

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
TReid5
Membro

resolver
Hi,

As of right now we have some contacts with a personal email but we have their company name. Can we use a company name and associate a company with HubSpot?

AdamLPW

resolver

Hi @TReid5,

Anything is possible!  😉

Every Company in your HubSpot database has a Record ID (when you click on the company in HS, it's the last bit of the URL in your browser).  You need to match the Companies you have set for these contacts (which is just some text) to the correct Record ID.  You can do this manually, by clicking on the link in the top-right of your contact record to associate them with a company, but I get the feeling you have a few of these...

I'd recommend the following:

• Create a list of contacts who need matching to companies 
  • Export this list of contacts to a spreadsheet, let's call this your Contacts spreadsheet
  • Export all your Company details from HubSpot - note this export will have a "Record ID" field
  • In Excel, import the list of companies into your Contact spreadsheet as a new sheet - let's call this the Lookup sheet
  • In your Contact spreadsheet, add a new column to the Contacts tab called HubSpot Company
  • Populate this column using a Lookup formula.  You will need to match the Company Name (text) you have for your contact to the HubSpot record ID from your Lookup sheet.  You can use VLookup with the "True" option to find a close, rather than exact, match

When you've done all the matching, you'll need to import your contacts back into HubSpot.  When matching your new "Company Name" column, on the "Import As" option, choose "Record ID":

AdamLPW_0-1664873495751.png

Hope this helps.  

ryan-cambium
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Hi @AdamLPW . Anytime you think of having to export data, do a VLOOKUP, and then import — we have a better solution! My company recently released a "VLOOKUP for HubSpot" solution on the marketplace. It avoids the Export/VLOOKUP/Import process, and Zapier, and allows you to easily look up values from a HubSpot record in a Google Sheet and bring back a value that you can write to another field. 

Hope that helps!

- Ryan

Cambium Apps

0 Avaliação positiva
TReid5
Membro

resolver
Thanks for your help but we don't have the companies in our own HubSpot company database. We are trying to associate our contacts' company names with the database of Hubspot company insights.
0 Avaliação positiva
AdamLPW

resolver

Hi @TReid5 - per my first message, this is done on the company domain.  You'll somehow need to add in the company domain for each company. 

What DO you currently have in HubSpot for these companies?  Are they just a "company name" field in the Contact record?  Do you have companies set up in HubSpot, but just without domains?

0 Avaliação positiva
TReid5
Membro

resolver
We have only company names on the contact for now.
0 Avaliação positiva
AdamLPW
Solução

resolver

@TReid5 - HS can only look up company insights using a Company record with a domain.  You'll need to

1. Create company records with domains, then
  2. Associate each customer with a company record

To bulk-create companies, you'll need to do an import.  Follow my original instructions to create an export of the contacts.   Once you've exported the list, you'll need to filter the company column to just get unique records.  You'll then need to manually add the domains to your spreadsheets and import this into HubSpot.

For step 2, see my original instructions.