CRM

khookguy
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Marketing events - copy to Contact Property?

SOLVE

I want to create a workflow that copies the Zoom Webinar Name that a contact registered for into a custom property. The Zoom Webinar Name is a Marketing event. Is it possible to grab that Marketing event name inside a workflow and copy it to a Contact property?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @khookguy,

As far as I know that's not possible at the moment, at least not natively (without custom code in workflows). Workflows can only copy to another object, not from another object.

@KyleJepson shared some great new functionalities for the "copy property" action in workflows yesterday but it doesn't seem to cover the title of the Zoom webinar.

Instead of copying the title, it seems like the best option at the moment is to work with branches. If a contact attends webinar 1, set property value of custom contact property to "Webinar 1 title".

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @khookguy,

As far as I know that's not possible at the moment, at least not natively (without custom code in workflows). Workflows can only copy to another object, not from another object.

@KyleJepson shared some great new functionalities for the "copy property" action in workflows yesterday but it doesn't seem to cover the title of the Zoom webinar.

Instead of copying the title, it seems like the best option at the moment is to work with branches. If a contact attends webinar 1, set property value of custom contact property to "Webinar 1 title".

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

khookguy

SOLVE

Thanks @karstenkoehler - especially for the link to @KyleJepson's video.  The copy function is not quite there yet for doing what I need, but it is getting more powerful!

I think it might be possible to copy in values from Marketing events (like Zoom registrations) using custom code in workflows if the @hubspot/api-client 3.0.1

library supports the Marketing events API. I will need to check that out.