CRM

dang5941
Participant

Marketing a group of contacts not marking them as worked

SOLVE

Hey, 

So I sent out a marketing email to around 70 or so customers in my personal contact list. 

This is a great tool to get a message out there quickly. However, when I got back to my contacts menu, I can see that they are still classed as unworked and showing in my diary. when I filter Contacts Unworked - True

I would like to know if it is possible to mark these customers as worked after a marketing email, as I would like to make sure that I do not contact them again. And that my staff do not contact them again. 

It also becomes a pain when I go to add a few hundred contacts and want to send them a marketing email when I got to add them to a list, I will just choose all that hasn't been worked to email out. 

Customers will get annoyed if to many emails are sent out.  

Is the possible to mark these contacts as worked after a marketing email? Or is there a work around so that I do not email out to the same customers again. 

Thank you, 

Dan

2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @dang5941,

Contact unworked is true when...

a contact has not been assigned an owner or

has an owner but does not have a sales activity logged.

It's a property usually used for service level agreements between marketing and sales: Marketing generates leads – but is sales actually following up?

For what you're trying to achieve, there are more suitable properties to use, such as Last marketing email send date. For example, you could build an active lists of contacts with Last marketing email send date is less than 7 days ago (or 14 or 28) and use this active list as a suppression list for your marketing sends.

You can find a few more interesting properties in the category 'Email information' here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/hubspots-default-contact-properties#email

By the way, if you're a HubSpot Marketing Enterprise user, you can also set up an email frequency safeguard.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @dang5941,

HubSpot does have options for that – just not that exact button. I'd recommend looking into the Lead status property: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/use-lifecycle-stages

Using Lead status, you can build an active list with Lead status is any of New, Open, In Progress, Open Deal, Connected and suppress this list from any marketing activity, along with certain Lifecycle phases (for example Opportunity, Customer, Evangelist). These fields need to be maintained by sales. Changing the Lead status or Lifecycle phase is the button-click that you're looking for.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Vmorfin
Contributor

SOLVE

Hello there,

Good for you,

How did you do that?

Please and thank you

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @dang5941,

HubSpot does have options for that – just not that exact button. I'd recommend looking into the Lead status property: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/use-lifecycle-stages

Using Lead status, you can build an active list with Lead status is any of New, Open, In Progress, Open Deal, Connected and suppress this list from any marketing activity, along with certain Lifecycle phases (for example Opportunity, Customer, Evangelist). These fields need to be maintained by sales. Changing the Lead status or Lifecycle phase is the button-click that you're looking for.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @dang5941,

Contact unworked is true when...

a contact has not been assigned an owner or

has an owner but does not have a sales activity logged.

It's a property usually used for service level agreements between marketing and sales: Marketing generates leads – but is sales actually following up?

For what you're trying to achieve, there are more suitable properties to use, such as Last marketing email send date. For example, you could build an active lists of contacts with Last marketing email send date is less than 7 days ago (or 14 or 28) and use this active list as a suppression list for your marketing sends.

You can find a few more interesting properties in the category 'Email information' here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/hubspots-default-contact-properties#email

By the way, if you're a HubSpot Marketing Enterprise user, you can also set up an email frequency safeguard.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

dang5941
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for the fast reply. 

It would be much better if there was a button to click to manually work customers so they do not accidentally get contacted again within a short space of time. 

0 Upvotes