CRM

PCado

Marketing Emails / Importing List of Contracts

Hi all,

I uploaded a list of contacts in one of my marketing emails and I'm rececieving a message sayings the list will not be included in the send. I've done it the same way for a long time but now it's not working. 

I do have a 'Marketing Hub Enterprise - Marketing Contacts' account.

0 Upvotes
17 Replies 17
PCado

Hi,

I spoke to helpdesk by phone and was able to resolve the problem. Thank you for your help.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @PCado,

What turned out to be the reason why contacts were being excluded? Can you share more details?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
PCado

I just uploaded that list of contacts through 'contacts' and I see that they are all marked as 'marketing'. Is this what we are looking for? Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 9.35.48 AM.png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @PCado,

Correct. Have you checked whether they're still being suppressed in the marketing email editor?

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

PCado

When I intially imported the list in the email, I checked off the marketing part. Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 9.26.58 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-04-18 at 9.27.36 AM.png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @PCado,

What exactly does the notice / message say? Can you share a screenshot?

Generally, there are multiple potential reasons why HubSpot excluded contacts from a send. Could you confirm the following?

Are you using the marketing contacts functionality? If yes, are all recipients marked as marketing contacts? (HubSpot will not send emails to non-marketing contacts.)

Are you suppressing unengaged contacts in the Recipients tab of the email? If yes, you could uncheck the box. Otherwise HubSpot will exclude these contacts.

Are you using an exclusion / suppression list in the Recipients tab of the email? (Do not send to dropdown)

Do you have the GDPR settings enabled? If yes, you might have restricted email sends to contacts who have a legal basis for communication only. In that case, you would have to update your contact subscriptions.

Do you have the double opt-in enabled? If so, contacts must be marked confirmed to be eligible to receive emails.

Have some of the contacts previously bounced? You can check by filtering your recipient list by "Email hard bounce reason is known".

Did you already hit your monthly email send limit? (5X marketing contact tier)

Have some of the contacts previously unsubscribed? You can check by filtering your recipient list by "Unsubscribed from all email is equal to True"

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

PCado

Hi here are some screenshotsScreenshot 2023-04-17 at 2.29.40 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-04-17 at 2.29.49 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-04-17 at 2.30.15 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-04-17 at 2.30.33 PM.png

0 Upvotes
PCado

The message does not make any sense to me. It's happening for all my lists I've uploaded.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @PCado,

Have you checked anything from the list I shared earlier?

Karsten Köhler

PCado

Hi Karstein,

Yes I checked all of the links you sent me but nothing applies.

0 Upvotes
PCado

Are you using the marketing contacts functionality? If yes, are all recipients marked as marketing contacts? (HubSpot will not send emails to non-marketing contacts.) - Yes I am

Are you suppressing unengaged contacts in the Recipients tab of the email? If yes, you could uncheck the box. Otherwise HubSpot will exclude these contacts. I am not supressing unenaged contacts as per my screenshots.

Are you using an exclusion / suppression list in the Recipients tab of the email? (Do not send to dropdown) No

Do you have the GDPR settings enabled? If yes, you might have restricted email sends to contacts who have a legal basis for communication only. In that case, you would have to update your contact subscriptions. I'm in Canada, this applies to EU?

Have some of the contacts previously bounced? You can check by filtering your recipient list by "Email hard bounce reason is known". This is happening with ALL my lists so this can't be the reason.

Did you already hit your monthly email send limit? (5X marketing contact tier) NO

Have some of the contacts previously unsubscribed? You can check by filtering your recipient list by "Unsubscribed from all email is equal to True" Again this doesn't apply because I have numerous list where this issue is happening.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @PCado,

@PCado wrote:

Are you using the marketing contacts functionality? If yes, are all recipients marked as marketing contacts? (HubSpot will not send emails to non-marketing contacts.) - Yes I am

Have you checked whether all of your contacts are marked as marketing contacts? https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/set-contacts-as-marketing

@PCado wrote:

Do you have the GDPR settings enabled? If yes, you might have restricted email sends to contacts who have a legal basis for communication only. In that case, you would have to update your contact subscriptions. - I'm in Canada, this applies to EU?

Not necessarily, however that wouldn't prevent a user in your portal from switching this on. Have you simply checked the GDPR settings?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

PCado

Hi Karstein,

If I've uploaded a list of contacts, how do I check if they are marked as marketing contacts? When I go to contacts and I select myself as owner, no contacts come up. How do I mark them if they are 'uploaded lists'? I uploaded them when I created the emails. 

For the GDPR, see attached screen shot. Not sure I'm legally able to switch it on.Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 8.55.02 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-04-18 at 8.57.06 AM.png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @PCado,

Have you assigned these contacts to yourself upon import? If not, they're likely not assigned to you but unassigned.

You can find the imported contacts by going back to the import section, scroll down to the list of imports, hover over the import and click View contacts.

You can then set these contacts as marketing by following these steps. https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/set-contacts-as-marketing

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
PCado

Where is the import section? I uploaded the list to an email.

0 Upvotes
PCado

Hi Karsten,

I'm hoping to have a solutionn to this today. Any insights?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @PCado,

Without access to your portal, I can't provide any additional help. It's almost certainly one of the items on the list I shared in my first reply.

CHECKED AND CONFIRMED Are you using the marketing contacts functionality? If yes, are all recipients marked as marketing contacts? (HubSpot will not send emails to non-marketing contacts.)

CHECKED AND CONFIRMED Are you suppressing unengaged contacts in the Recipients tab of the email? If yes, you could uncheck the box. Otherwise HubSpot will exclude these contacts.

CHECKED AND CONFIRMED Are you using an exclusion / suppression list in the Recipients tab of the email? (Do not send to dropdown)

CHECKED AND CONFIRMED Do you have the GDPR settings enabled? If yes, you might have restricted email sends to contacts who have a legal basis for communication only. In that case, you would have to update your contact subscriptions.

NOT YET CHECKED Do you have the double opt-in enabled? If so, contacts must be marked confirmed to be eligible to receive emails.

NOT YET CHECKED Have some of the contacts previously bounced? You can check by filtering your recipient list by "Email hard bounce reason is known".

CHECKED AND CONFIRMED Did you already hit your monthly email send limit? (5X marketing contact tier)

NOT YET CHECKED Have some of the contacts previously unsubscribed? You can check by filtering your recipient list by "Unsubscribed from all email is equal to True"

For the bold items, you said that it can't be one of those reasons but still, you have to check to rule it out.

Additionally, I'd recommend double checking whether the contacts are maybe unsubscribed from the subscription type you chose for your marketing email. https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/manage-your-subscription-preferences-and-types

That's all I can do from afar without access to your portal.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes