CRM

Phlukeman
Participant

Marketing Campaign - Opens field

SOLVE

Hi Everyone -

I did a marketing email out to contacts.  Once the email went out it showed Top engaged contacts with a number aside of it.  I went to the contact record and on the right it shows the email being opened numerous times.  I am assuming it is because the email is being forwarded.  It shows Opens 30.  

I would like to create a view around that to show me who the most opens are for an email campaign.  The field Marketing emails opened only shows the number one.  

Has anyone created a views around this data field?

Thirty.GIF

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Phlukeman,

This information is only available in the marketing email tool (Menu > Marketing > Email > select your email) or on the timeline of the contact record (as shown in your screenshot) – it cannot be accessed within a contact property, unfortunately.

You're correct, a lot of opens could come from an email being forwarded. This might also occur when email clients are opening the email in the background to check for fraudulent activity or risks. That's why it's not recommended to overinterpret this number.

The only approach I can think of would involve exploring the HubSpot API. It would require custom development.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
Digital Marketer | HubSpot Freelancer | CRM Consultant

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

JjANU

SOLVE
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Phlukeman,

This information is only available in the marketing email tool (Menu > Marketing > Email > select your email) or on the timeline of the contact record (as shown in your screenshot) – it cannot be accessed within a contact property, unfortunately.

You're correct, a lot of opens could come from an email being forwarded. This might also occur when email clients are opening the email in the background to check for fraudulent activity or risks. That's why it's not recommended to overinterpret this number.

The only approach I can think of would involve exploring the HubSpot API. It would require custom development.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
Digital Marketer | HubSpot Freelancer | CRM Consultant

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Phlukeman
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for your reply.  I understand the fraudulent activity could bump up the number, but it is interesting that Hubspot uses that number in their campaign report to show you who the "Top engaged contacts".   To me if they consider this an important stat, you should be able to do something (view/reports) around it.   Thanks again!

0 Upvotes
JjANU

SOLVE
0 Upvotes