CRM

RapidFinancial
Participant

Mark contact as not a good lead

SOLVE

Hi there,

So this contact is no longer a good lead. Is there a way to file contacts into folders that we create?

Or I can remove him from the list of contacts, but not delete him?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

You could always change their Lifecycle Stage (e.g., to Other), then filter based on that. Good?

- see Use lifecycle stages

- see Create and customize saved filters

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RapidFinancial 

I agree with @MFrankJohnson  that moving the contact to Lifecycle stage of Other would be a good approach.

But also tend to think of Lifecycle as the highest level of classificaiton, reflecting the status of other information. To which end I might recommend that you make use of a lead status value equal to 'disqualified' or similar and then using this to move the lifecycle statge automatically

It's also a good idea to segment your lifecycle stage = other contacts with a custom property so that you know why they are there. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @RapidFinancial 

I agree with @MFrankJohnson  that moving the contact to Lifecycle stage of Other would be a good approach.

But also tend to think of Lifecycle as the highest level of classificaiton, reflecting the status of other information. To which end I might recommend that you make use of a lead status value equal to 'disqualified' or similar and then using this to move the lifecycle statge automatically

It's also a good idea to segment your lifecycle stage = other contacts with a custom property so that you know why they are there. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
RapidFinancial
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Phil,

Ok, I'm not really understanding what you are saying or how to create this Lifecycle stage.

Are you saying that I should be creating a Lifecycle stage for everyone automatically?

I did read the 2 links Frank gave me, but the properties idea doesn't seem like something I want to do since if I understand correctly, it's just fields of info you want to get from your leads.

I did undertand the filters explanation page, but that doesn't seem right either because I don't want to have to filter the main contacts page just to see who's still a fresh lead.

I want to hide leads that are dead, but keep the main contacts page live without having to filter it every time I want to see it.

Are there any videos that can explain how to do this? Maybe that's better.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

- see HubSpot Sales Software Certification

Lot's of great video explanations there.

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
RapidFinancial
Participant

SOLVE

Ok, I don't want to have to watch every single video, I just need a solution to this one thing.

MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Sounds like your best course of action is to reach out to HubSpot Support directly.

#nlmtt #nlmtu

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

If you need HubSpot's assistance, and your subscription does not include HubSpot technical Support, @RapidFinancial I am on standby for anything that requires HubSpot's involvement. 

0 Upvotes
RapidFinancial
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Jenny,

I did message you. Can we talk there pls.?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Upvotes
RapidFinancial
Participant

SOLVE

Ok, so I literally had to get my website coder to help me. That's how complicated this is.

So we did all of this, but there's a bug.

At first we chose the dropdown for the field type.

Then we went back & chose checkbox b/c it takes more work to choose from a dropdown.

When I went to view all properties for the contact, the dropdown was still showing, there was no checkbox.

https://nimb.ws/mC5Ib4

The checkbox seems to be a radio button (not a checkbox) in the filtering area for the contact.

At no point did we see a checkbox in any of the steps.

Very confusing.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @RapidFinancial,

The dropdown display for the single checkbox is the expected behavior for the checkbox. Because the checkbox has two options of "yes" and "no", they display in a dropdown fashion. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
RapidFinancial
Participant

SOLVE

Hi there,

How do I find someone to help me via PM?

I wrote to one person, but I don't think she's been online since yesterday.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @RapidFinancial,

As @MFrankJohnson and @Phil_Vallender have pointed out, I would also recommend using the 'other' lifecycle stage. 

You can then filter by lifecycle stage is not equal to 'other'. 

Similarly, you could create a custom contact property for "bad leads" and assign a value to the bad leads. Again, you can filter your main contacts view to filter out contacts who have a value in "bad leads". 

Please let us know where you are getting stuck if you have further questions.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

You could always change their Lifecycle Stage (e.g., to Other), then filter based on that. Good?

- see Use lifecycle stages

- see Create and customize saved filters

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com