CRM

danielapplecart
Membro

Mark Contacts as Private

resolver

Is there a way for me to add new contacts to my companies list, but mark these contacts as private (only allowing access for certain users within my company to view these contacts)? 

Our current solution if we cannot mark some as private is to create another Hubspot Free account used to contain these contacts seperately from our current account - seems tedious. 

Are there any better solutions to this issue?

1 Solução aceita
Phil_Vallender
Solução
Participante de valor | Parceiro Diamante

Mark Contacts as Private

resolver

Hi @danielapplecart 

With a free account only, I don't think you are able to do this elegantly. At the free tier you have access to owner-based permissions over contact viewing, but not teams. With teams, you could create a team with permission to view the 'private' contacts, and one without. Do you have any plans to upgrade? 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
3 Respostas 3
Phil_Vallender
Solução

Mark Contacts as Private

resolver

Hi @danielapplecart 

With a free account only, I don't think you are able to do this elegantly. At the free tier you have access to owner-based permissions over contact viewing, but not teams. With teams, you could create a team with permission to view the 'private' contacts, and one without. Do you have any plans to upgrade? 

Hope this helps.

0 Avaliação positiva
danielapplecart
Membro

Mark Contacts as Private

resolver

Our company recently declined to upgrade due to cost. 

So, to your knowledge the best way for us to manage this issue (given that we will not be using a team account to manage permissions to view contacts) would be to create a seperate account to manage these contacts?

Thanks!

0 Avaliação positiva
Phil_Vallender

Mark Contacts as Private

resolver

Hi @danielapplecart 

If upgrading and owner-level permissions are not viable solutions, then a separate account might be your only option.

I'm reluctant to recommend it though as storing data in mutliple accounts creates additional complexity that you will need to manage. 

Hope this helps.