CRM

apexmarketing
Mitglied

Mapping form fields to default field

lösung

I've created a form with a field "Agency name" as a single text field, which I want to use for Contacts to register via my website.

However, I want to map that Agency Name to the "Name" field in my Contacts >> Companies?

I can't see any way of linking the two... but surely this should be possible. I want to be able to link Contacts to Companies if possible?

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
jackcoldrick
Lösung
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

Hi @apexmarketing,

If I understand you correctly you have a form that is capturing "Agency name" and you want to pass the value captured on the contact to their associated company? Are the companies already associated to the individual? Or are you looking to automatically associate a contact to a company?

This can be done manually within the tool or alternatively you can enable a setting to "Automatically create and associate companies with contacts". With this setting enabled If a company does not exist in your account to match the contact's email domain, HubSpot will automatically create a company record and populate it with information from HubSpot's database. If the contact has a freemail email account (gmail.com, yahoo.com, etc.), HubSpot will also look at the contact's Website URL property to attempt to match the contact with a company's domain name.

You are also free to use workflows to copy a contact's properties to their associated company's properties. More information on that can be found here.

It's really important to note though that HubSpot will only automatically associate a contact to a company using either their email domain or website URL. For example If I filled in a form with the setting enabled I would use "jackcoldrick@hubspot.com". The CRM wpi;d check for a company with domain "HubSpot.com" if it exists it will associate the contact to the company. If it does not exist it will create and associate the company to the contact.

I hope this helps,

Jack

If so you could use a workflow to enroll contacts with a known value for "Agency name" and copy to the associated company.

Alternatively you could look to lever

Jack Coldrick
Solutions Engineer @ HubSpot
Add me on LinkedIn

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

1 Antwort
jackcoldrick
Lösung
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

Hi @apexmarketing,

If I understand you correctly you have a form that is capturing "Agency name" and you want to pass the value captured on the contact to their associated company? Are the companies already associated to the individual? Or are you looking to automatically associate a contact to a company?

This can be done manually within the tool or alternatively you can enable a setting to "Automatically create and associate companies with contacts". With this setting enabled If a company does not exist in your account to match the contact's email domain, HubSpot will automatically create a company record and populate it with information from HubSpot's database. If the contact has a freemail email account (gmail.com, yahoo.com, etc.), HubSpot will also look at the contact's Website URL property to attempt to match the contact with a company's domain name.

You are also free to use workflows to copy a contact's properties to their associated company's properties. More information on that can be found here.

It's really important to note though that HubSpot will only automatically associate a contact to a company using either their email domain or website URL. For example If I filled in a form with the setting enabled I would use "jackcoldrick@hubspot.com". The CRM wpi;d check for a company with domain "HubSpot.com" if it exists it will associate the contact to the company. If it does not exist it will create and associate the company to the contact.

I hope this helps,

Jack

If so you could use a workflow to enroll contacts with a known value for "Agency name" and copy to the associated company.

Alternatively you could look to lever

Jack Coldrick
Solutions Engineer @ HubSpot
Add me on LinkedIn