CRM

Namikos
Participant

Manually log incoming emails

SOLVE

Hello,

does anyone know why it is not possible to manually log an incoming email? In the attached image I would like to change the position from and to, i.e. I would like to set the customer's name as the sender (From) and my name as the recipient (To). 
I could not find a way to do this. I not only send emails to customers , but also receive some and these should be logged as well. 

The same goes for phone calls, why not add a selection field whether it is an incoming or outgoing call.

P.S. I don't want to integrate my emails with HubSpot or use the forward and bcc option, only the manual logging feature. Screenshot 2021-09-04 215148.png

1 Accepted solution
AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @Namikos,

I'd imagine this is a result of HubSpot's origins as primarily a marketing tool...

I agree that this would be a nice feature.  Although I use email integration, I do occasionally log emails manually and generally free-type "INBOUND EMAIL" at the top, which isn't great, is it?!

Despite there being a few similar posts in the community over the years, I've been unable to find any existing Ideas.  I'd highly recommend posting this on the Ideas board.  I've only been using HubSpot for a few years, but during that time I've seen a number of community suggestions implemented.  

In the meantime (at least with regards to calls) how about using custom call outcomes?  In addition to the standard "Connected/Left voicemail", etc., you could have e.g. "Inbound", or sub-categorised ("Inbound - returned call", "Inbound - unsolicited", etc.).

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Hildegaard
Contributor

SOLVE

You can use the outlook 365 plugin for this. It has this feature built-in. The desktop version, for some reason, doesn't.

HubSpot Community - Add email to CRM record button - Page 2 - HubSpot Community

0 Upvotes
AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @Namikos,

I'd imagine this is a result of HubSpot's origins as primarily a marketing tool...

I agree that this would be a nice feature.  Although I use email integration, I do occasionally log emails manually and generally free-type "INBOUND EMAIL" at the top, which isn't great, is it?!

Despite there being a few similar posts in the community over the years, I've been unable to find any existing Ideas.  I'd highly recommend posting this on the Ideas board.  I've only been using HubSpot for a few years, but during that time I've seen a number of community suggestions implemented.  

In the meantime (at least with regards to calls) how about using custom call outcomes?  In addition to the standard "Connected/Left voicemail", etc., you could have e.g. "Inbound", or sub-categorised ("Inbound - returned call", "Inbound - unsolicited", etc.).

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
Namikos
Participant

SOLVE

@webdew  The problem with the notes is that you can't select the date and time it happened. So the log will always be at the top of the activitry feed even if it happened some time earlier. 

"So it is not possible to log incoming emails manually. Incoming emails are already there. You can't change the sender and recipient name."

What about phone calls, why can't you select if it was an incoming or outgoing call there? I think that would be a nice feature.

Right now I track all my emails (whether they are incoming or outgoing) with the email log feature, the fact that I cant select incomming or outgoing email doesn't interfere with my workflow, but just like with phone calls, it would be a nice feature have.

With kind regards

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Agree @Namikos , there are some limitation in HubSpot in this regard. If you feel strong about this idea and then will advice yoo to recommend this idea to HubSpot product team on  idea section of the community. They review the ideas submitted and then work on them: HubSpot Community - Ideas - HubSpot Community

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Namikos ,

The basic funda of manully logging emails in HubSpot when you connect with a contact outside of HubSpot then you can manually log the activity or a note in any record: Manually log a call, note, email, or meeting on a record (hubspot.com)

So it not possible to manually log the incoming email. Incoming emails are already there. You cannot change the To and From names.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

0 Upvotes