CRM

brittlincoln
Miembro

Mandatory Deal Fields for Select Users Only?

resolver

Hi all - is anyone aware of a way to make a Deal property only required for certain users/Teams in HubSpot? 

For example, we have a field we need our Existing Business team to update on every Deal, however it's not relevant to our New Buisness team, so making it mandatory across the board is not an ideal solution. 

I know you can restrict edit access to certain fields, but not sure if there is a way to make it so certain fields are mandatory for some and not others. 

Any suggestions for how to handle this scenario are very welcomed and appreciated!

Cheers, 

Britt

0 Me gusta
2 Soluciones aceptadas
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @brittlincoln,

I'd recommend working with two pipelines in that case. You can specify required deal stage properties by pipeline: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-deals/set-up-and-customize-your-deal-pipelines-and-deal-stages#to-...

If you have a pipeline for each team, you could make properties required for one team but not the other.

Restricted editing access wouldn't quite work here as we don't want to take away the ability from one team to fill in a property, we want it to be required for them.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

franksteiner79
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

Hi @brittlincoln 

As @karstenkoehler said, the mandatory(ness) is tied to the pipeline and not a specific user.

Just for my understanding:

• Every deal needs to be updated by that team, but not by the person who owns/manages that deal - is that correct?
  • Is there a specific deal stage at which that information is required, other than at the close won stage of the pipeline?
  • Also what information do they need to add? If it's information that is already in the CRM - either at contact, company or (previous) deal level - you could automate the process of adding this to the new deals.

I would try the following approach: 

• make the property visible to everyone and only allow the existing business team to edit it (see screenshot below)
  • Then use workflow automation to either send notifications or trigger tasks for the existing business team members if that property in questions hasn't been updated

Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 10.50.06.png

I hope that helps.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

2 Respuestas 2
franksteiner79
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

Hi @brittlincoln 

As @karstenkoehler said, the mandatory(ness) is tied to the pipeline and not a specific user.

Just for my understanding:

• Every deal needs to be updated by that team, but not by the person who owns/manages that deal - is that correct?
  • Is there a specific deal stage at which that information is required, other than at the close won stage of the pipeline?
  • Also what information do they need to add? If it's information that is already in the CRM - either at contact, company or (previous) deal level - you could automate the process of adding this to the new deals.

I would try the following approach: 

• make the property visible to everyone and only allow the existing business team to edit it (see screenshot below)
  • Then use workflow automation to either send notifications or trigger tasks for the existing business team members if that property in questions hasn't been updated

Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 10.50.06.png

I hope that helps.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project
karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @brittlincoln,

I'd recommend working with two pipelines in that case. You can specify required deal stage properties by pipeline: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-deals/set-up-and-customize-your-deal-pipelines-and-deal-stages#to-...

If you have a pipeline for each team, you could make properties required for one team but not the other.

Restricted editing access wouldn't quite work here as we don't want to take away the ability from one team to fill in a property, we want it to be required for them.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.