CRM

Rebelwithacause
Participant

Manage Billing ID's

SOLVE

Hi all, 

We supply b2b customers with mobile airtime and handsets. One of the biggest challenges I have with Hubspot is being able to store data on an individual billing ID/ mobile number level. 

As an example, a company might have 20 mobile numbers on the account. You have a company page and contact page. I edited the properties to collect the data we need, however, this still only works as a company-wide policy and not for individual mobile numbers. By editing the properties, I can get some info but with so many variables this just doesn't work. 

I currently have to use excel file to keep a record of a number of mobiles, usernames, tariff, rental price, contract end date, handset IMEI, handset, Insurance. It's awful! Anytime it needs updating you have to download edit and upload again. It's very easy to forget to update and 6 months later we are missing important data. 

The other idea I had was under the company, what if I create a contact for each number. instead of an email just put the mobile number and edit the properties so I can get all other relevant info. This isn't ideal but I can seem to figure out a way to resolving this. 

We love HubSpot and were on the growth starter. We want to upgrade to professional and then enterprise as we grow. This is our only stumbling block. I don't want to have to move off HubSpot but I won't have a choice if I can't find an adequate solution. Any ideas would be much appreciated. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
darynsmith
Solution
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

Manage Billing ID's

SOLVE

@Rebelwithacause if you were on Enterprise you could setup the mobile number as a Custom Object.

As you are using Growth Suite Starter - I suggest you use the Service Hub Pipeline to represent mobile numbers. 

Create a Ticket for each mobile number, and you can have all the custom fields related to this number (ticket) stored, and then you can also add Notes etc about the number.

And then you can link the Ticket to contacts and companies. 

Daryn Smith
Chief Strategy Officer
Huble Digital

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Rebelwithacause
Participant

Manage Billing ID's

SOLVE

Thanks Daryn, Il give that a go. That sounds a lot better than using contacts. Don't have the budget for Enterprise just yet. 

darynsmith
Solution

Manage Billing ID's

SOLVE

@Rebelwithacause if you were on Enterprise you could setup the mobile number as a Custom Object.

As you are using Growth Suite Starter - I suggest you use the Service Hub Pipeline to represent mobile numbers. 

Create a Ticket for each mobile number, and you can have all the custom fields related to this number (ticket) stored, and then you can also add Notes etc about the number.

And then you can link the Ticket to contacts and companies. 

Daryn Smith
Chief Strategy Officer
Huble Digital
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Manage Billing ID's

SOLVE

Hi @Rebelwithacause 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I want to tag some of our experts on this @Phil_Vallender @darynsmith @Mike_Eastwood @AdamLPW any thoughts to share with @Rebelwithacause on this? 

Thank you!

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Rebelwithacause
Participant

Manage Billing ID's

SOLVE