Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Making a custom property a datepicker

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I created a deal property Contract Presented and want this to be a Datepicker property; however, that option was not a selection in the dropdown. I now have it single-line text, but I know there's a way to make this a datepicker; I just can't figure it out.

Any help???

0 Upvotes
3 Replies
Community Thought Leader

Create a NEW property.

Converting Date Picker properties can be problematic. We've seen this functionality change.

Solution:

In most cases, you'll want to create a NEW custom Date Picker property and import your propertly formated data from your old non-Date Picker property.

- see How do I change a single line text field type to a datepicker field type? for a partial explanation.

HubSpot Smart Pages

hubspot-solutions-signature-pricing-options-v01.png

Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @lisat2m 

When you create a new property the default setting is single line text, which is mid-way through the list of options. If you scroll up, you should see date picker near the top as the third option. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Phil,

I do not have that option when I edit the property. My choices are:

Single Checkbox

Multiple Checkboxes

Number

Radio Select

Dropdown Select

Single Line Text

HubSpot User

The weird thing is I created a different property a week or so ago and same thing I could not select date picker, then I guess possibly because users were entering dates into the field, it is now date formatted. 

I'd be happy to send snips of what I'm seeing...

Thanks,

Lisa