Mails stored in CRM and not in Gmail? How to reply?

SOLVE
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I have sent a mail to a prospect through the CRM interface and also received a reply back. I can see both in the CRM interface and that is all fine.

But now I want to continue the conversation and reply to the response I received from the prospect. However, I cant find a way (in the CRM interface) to reply to an email and, even worse, I cant find any of the mails in my native Google mail account!

Two questions:
1. Are the mails sent in the CRM interface only stored in the CRM system and not in Google? Why and can I change that?
2. How do I make a reply/continue a thread on a conversation started in the CRM interface?

Best
Ken

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
HubSpot Employee

Hello Ken,

1. If you have your Gmail account connected, the emails should be in your normal email folders (sent/inbox) as well as the CRM.  If you don't see them in your inbox, can you please make sure that the emails aren't in any spam/junk/other folders?  You should see your sent emails in the sent folder in Gmail.  Also, I recommend verifying that your CRM is connected to the correct inbox by clicking on "Settings" in the top navigation > "Email Integrations".  

2. It isn't currently possible to keep the email thread going from within the CRM.  You can keep the thread going in Gmail/Outlook (as long as you're able to locate the emails), but the CRM is limited to only the original email and the reply.  

I hope this helps clear things up.

Brett

1 Reply 1
HubSpot Employee

Hello Ken,

1. If you have your Gmail account connected, the emails should be in your normal email folders (sent/inbox) as well as the CRM.  If you don't see them in your inbox, can you please make sure that the emails aren't in any spam/junk/other folders?  You should see your sent emails in the sent folder in Gmail.  Also, I recommend verifying that your CRM is connected to the correct inbox by clicking on "Settings" in the top navigation > "Email Integrations".  

2. It isn't currently possible to keep the email thread going from within the CRM.  You can keep the thread going in Gmail/Outlook (as long as you're able to locate the emails), but the CRM is limited to only the original email and the reply.  

I hope this helps clear things up.

Brett