CRM

Lauren2911
Participant

MailChimp integration and GDPR

Hi guys,

When I set up the mailchimp-hubspot integration, hubspot transferred all of my contacts into Mailchimp automatically even though the property field 'legal basis for processing' had not been assigned freely given consent on any of them. 

Obviously, there needs to be some kind of mapping but I'm not sure how to do this if the only option is email transfer. I don't want to opt all contacts out of communication on entry, as some of the contacts have legitimate interest and should only be sent certain types of comms, whilst others do not yet have opt in but are due to fill out a form that will give them the option to opt in. 

Can anyone help? I've had a look online but it's a bit of a minefield of info so any signposting or guidance much appreciated,

Thanks

Lauren

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Lauren2911,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

HubSpot currently offers 2 integrations with Mailchimp: 

• The first one, which is tied to your forms, provides a one-way sync and shows Mailchimp activites on contact records in HubSpot. With this integration, you can edit your pop-up forms and non-HubSpot forms to push contacts to Mailchimp. The integration shouldn't retroactively add contacts who submitted a form before you connected your Mailchimp account and customized the form to a Mailchimp list.  You can find more information in this Knowledge base article. 
  • The second one provides a one- or two-way contact data sync between HubSpot and Mailchimp (but doesn't sync Mailchimp activities). Before you initiate a sync, you can add a filter for any Mailchimp field (like groups or your custom merge fields) or HubSpot list to sync exactly what you want. You can, for example, create a list of contacts with a confirmed communication subscription to make sure only contacts that have give their permission to receive marketing emails get synced with Mailchimp. 

Could you tell us which integration you're using, so we're able to investigate further? 

Thank you!

Mia

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

Lauren2911
Participant

Hi @MiaSrebrnjak,

Thanks for your reply and apologies for the delay - i'm still getting to grips with the community, knowledge base functions etc! I didn't realise there were two but it looks like i am using the second one. I have a csv list of all the records that were exported to mailchimp and have started to look through them on hubspot but can't see any evidence on hubspot of activity relating to the mailchimp sync or export. Is there any way i can identify this to see what happened / any commonalities?

Thanks in advance

Lauren

0 Upvotes