CRM

jackthomps

Lost companies

SOLVE

hi there

I recently imported a list of companies, looking to add new data to existing records, and merge with a load of duplicate records.

The method I used was to take the Company ID from the record I wanted to keep, and then apply it to any of the duplicate companies in the document I imported.

Now when I click on the 'view companies' tab on the import page I get 'No companies match the current filters.' on the resulting filtered list of companies.

It appears that the companies with the Company ID I wanted to keep have all gone, and only the duplicates that I wanted to merge them with are left.

The biggest issue from this is that I've now lost all the original companies that I was updating from the database, and associated notes and tasks.

I still have all associated contacts and deals.

Any one got any ideas...?

Cheers

Jack

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lost companies

SOLVE

Hi @jackthomps,

Thank you for the tag, @ConnorSlivensky

If you click on "actions" next to the search bar within the Companies tool, can you please select "restore companies"? This will open the recycle bin that @ConnorSlivensky mentioned. Do you see the company records in the recycle bin that are missing from your CRM? You can restore them by clicking on the check box next to their name (or restore all by clicking on the check box in the top row of the table). 

Let us know!

Thank you,
Jenny 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
ConnorSlivensky
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

Lost companies

SOLVE

I know that HubSpot has a "recycling bin" of workflows, contacts etc. that they can restore from for 90 days. I'm not sure if companies are included in that. I've had it done through phone support but I'm not sure if you have that option (depends on plan)

Maybe @jennysowyrda can help.

0 Upvotes
jackthomps

Lost companies

SOLVE

Thanks for that, I'm not on a paid plan at all so don't think we get 'support'

I called the sales phone number and they said to post it here...

0 Upvotes
ConnorSlivensky

Lost companies

SOLVE

Then I'm fairly sure it's something Jenny can handle. I tagged her above so she should make her way over here when she has the chance.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lost companies

SOLVE

Hi @jackthomps,

Thank you for the tag, @ConnorSlivensky

If you click on "actions" next to the search bar within the Companies tool, can you please select "restore companies"? This will open the recycle bin that @ConnorSlivensky mentioned. Do you see the company records in the recycle bin that are missing from your CRM? You can restore them by clicking on the check box next to their name (or restore all by clicking on the check box in the top row of the table). 

Let us know!

Thank you,
Jenny 

0 Upvotes
jackthomps

Lost companies

SOLVE

it worked, thanks so much 🙂

0 Upvotes