CRM

BMarney
参加者

Losing contacts without being notified

解決

I am having two issues:

1.  If I input a new contact but someone already has a contac with the same @domain.com, hubspot assigns them as the contact owner without any warning to me.  I need this to stop.  Is this tied to the company owner?

2.  If someone changes a contact owner, the system is not notifying me (or the current owner) that I (they) lost a contact.  I've been told this is impossible in Hubspot and to put in an idea request and it should be handled fairly quickly.  I found a request from 2020 for similar functionality but per Hubspot, they haven't rolled out a fix.  I also found this appears to be possible via the API as there is a process to identify and notify of a contact owner change.  Can we use this process to create a simple report stating when a contact was changed, who was the owner, who is the new owner, and who made the change?

1件の承認済みベストアンサー
danmoyle
解決策
最優秀メンバー | Elite Partner
最優秀メンバー | Elite Partner

解決

Hi @BMarney

1: Yes that's a setting you can manage. In Settings > Object > Contacts you'll see this: 

danmoyle_0-1651088846929.png

Uncheck that and you should be able to add contacts and not have it auto assign to the Company owner.

2: There may not be an auto-notification, but I'm thinking you could build a workflow that checks ownership and when it changes, you're sent an internal email notification. It may have to built on a branch, but if given time I bet you could play with that and set something up. 

Hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

元の投稿で解決策を見る

5件の返信
danmoyle
解決策
最優秀メンバー | Elite Partner
最優秀メンバー | Elite Partner

解決

Hi @BMarney

1: Yes that's a setting you can manage. In Settings > Object > Contacts you'll see this: 

danmoyle_0-1651088846929.png

Uncheck that and you should be able to add contacts and not have it auto assign to the Company owner.

2: There may not be an auto-notification, but I'm thinking you could build a workflow that checks ownership and when it changes, you're sent an internal email notification. It may have to built on a branch, but if given time I bet you could play with that and set something up. 

Hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
BMarney
参加者

解決

I'll update when support confirms.  Until then, I'm not sure why the mod accepted this as the solution.  It appears to be a solution for number 1 but isn't confirmed and was NOT a solution for number 2.  Thanks!

0 いいね!
BMarney
参加者

解決

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the solution to number 1.  Before anyone makes that change, what happens should someone go back in and check it?  Will all the contacts automatically revert to the company owner?

danmoyle
最優秀メンバー | Elite Partner
最優秀メンバー | Elite Partner

解決

@BMarney yes if someone changes that back, it will change the ownership - I believe moving forward, not historically. I'd ask Support on that to ensure that's the case. 

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
BMarney
参加者

解決

I'll reach out to support on the clarification.