CRM

nychd
Contributor

Lookup and Rollup on Custom Objects?

SOLVE

Does Hubspot CRM have any sort of way to do rollups and/or lookups with custom objects?

All my research seems to suggest not, but I find it hard to belive.

Trying to convince myself to use Hubspot as a CRM along with marketing, but if this is the case it's a non-starter. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @nychd,

There is a new product update (public beta) which allows for using formulas:

Settings

[Public Beta] Calculated Properties: Advanced Formula Builder

8. Juni 2023

What is it?

The advanced formula builder for calculated properties is a powerful tool that allows you to take your data and turn it into vital business context with ease. You can now create custom number formulas and calculations to suit your specific business needs.

Why does it matter?

Whether you're analyzing sales data, tracking customer behavior, or measuring the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns, the advanced formula builder can help you gain deeper insights and make informed decisions.

With its advanced capabilities, the advanced formula builder makes it easy for both novice and experienced users to transform raw data into actionable insights.

How does it work?

In your HubSpot account, navigate to Settings > Properties

Select the needed object from the Select an object: dropdown.

Then select Create Property

Within the property creation flow, select "Calculation" as the Field Type. Next select the "Build Calculation" button.

Select the "Custom Calculation" from the Calculated Property Type dropdown. Once selected, toggle on "Advanced Mode" to build your number formula.

Enter your needed formula in the formula editor and click the Create button to create the property.

Who gets it?

CMS Enterprise, CMS Pro, Marketing Enterprise, Marketing Pro, Ops Enterprise, Ops Pro, Sales Enterprise, Sales Pro, Service Enterprise, Service Pro

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @nychd,

It depends on how exactly you want this to work but generally, yes. Calculation properties let you count or sum up property values of the same object or of associated objects, including custom objects.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/create-calculation-properties

If you share a bit more details, I'll happily share a screenshot of what it could look like.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

nychd
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

That was very helpful thanks! It seems like that plus the concept of association covers a lot of what we'd need. 

We have a object called "location" that tracks all the physical stores owned by an company. Each location is associated with a company.

There are two things I'd want to do that I'm trying to understand how they would work in Hubspot:

• Pull a feild called "brand" from the company object and show it on the location object. (in Salesforce we'd use a lookup field).
  • Have a field called "most common state" on the company object that looks at all the associated store objects and determines which "state" field is most frequently used in associated stores. (In Salesforce I can't do this declaratively without using a extension like DLRS)   

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @nychd,

There is a new product update (public beta) which allows for using formulas:

Settings

[Public Beta] Calculated Properties: Advanced Formula Builder

8. Juni 2023

What is it?

The advanced formula builder for calculated properties is a powerful tool that allows you to take your data and turn it into vital business context with ease. You can now create custom number formulas and calculations to suit your specific business needs.

Why does it matter?

Whether you're analyzing sales data, tracking customer behavior, or measuring the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns, the advanced formula builder can help you gain deeper insights and make informed decisions.

With its advanced capabilities, the advanced formula builder makes it easy for both novice and experienced users to transform raw data into actionable insights.

How does it work?

In your HubSpot account, navigate to Settings > Properties

Select the needed object from the Select an object: dropdown.

Then select Create Property

Within the property creation flow, select "Calculation" as the Field Type. Next select the "Build Calculation" button.

Select the "Custom Calculation" from the Calculated Property Type dropdown. Once selected, toggle on "Advanced Mode" to build your number formula.

Enter your needed formula in the formula editor and click the Create button to create the property.

Who gets it?

CMS Enterprise, CMS Pro, Marketing Enterprise, Marketing Pro, Ops Enterprise, Ops Pro, Sales Enterprise, Sales Pro, Service Enterprise, Service Pro

Karsten Köhler

PVasani
Participant

SOLVE

Hello @karstenkoehler ,

Can you please help me how can this be used as Lookup field ?
We want to map the property of Hubspot with Salesforce Lookup (Reference) field.

Thanks and Regards,
Ishan

0 Upvotes