CRM

OlgaPat

Looking to sum the number of deals associated with a company

SOLVE

Hello all, I am hoping to find a workaround for my usecase. 

Scenario: I have 3 deals associated with a company. I want to create a numerical property on the company level which will tell me the number of deals that company is associated with.

Is there a workflow I can set up to achieve this? 

Thank you in advance.

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
JBeatty
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @OlgaPat,

You can do this through a custom calculation property. Calculation properties require one of Marketing Hub Professional, Sales Hub Professional, Service Hub Professional, Operations Hub Professional, CMS Hub Professional, or higher. See below for how to build the calculation property, that will count the number of deals on a company.

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 11.35.00 AM.png

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Joshua Beatty
Software Developer with Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @OlgaPat,

There is a default company property called Associated deals which does exactly that: "the number of deals in the HubSpot CRM associated with the company. This is updated automatically by HubSpot."

With a Professional or Enterprise subscription, you could also create a calculation property. This does essentially the same thing but gives you more flexibility. You can see in my screenshot that I filtered for deals from a certain pipeline. The calculation property counts all record with a value in the property chosen, in this case Create date. (And each record comes with a Create date.)

karstenkoehler_0-1624164654521.png

Another way to count certain objects is by workflow (if record meets the enrollment triggers, increase value of property by 1). This can be useful if you've hit the limit of calculation properties in your portal.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @OlgaPat,

There is a default company property called Associated deals which does exactly that: "the number of deals in the HubSpot CRM associated with the company. This is updated automatically by HubSpot."

With a Professional or Enterprise subscription, you could also create a calculation property. This does essentially the same thing but gives you more flexibility. You can see in my screenshot that I filtered for deals from a certain pipeline. The calculation property counts all record with a value in the property chosen, in this case Create date. (And each record comes with a Create date.)

karstenkoehler_0-1624164654521.png

Another way to count certain objects is by workflow (if record meets the enrollment triggers, increase value of property by 1). This can be useful if you've hit the limit of calculation properties in your portal.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

AChapin

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler Is there a way to do this count but include deals from multiple pipelines? Also how would I create it for deals within the last calendar year?

0 Upvotes
OlgaPat

SOLVE

Thank you this did exactly what I wanted!

0 Upvotes
JBeatty
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @OlgaPat,

You can do this through a custom calculation property. Calculation properties require one of Marketing Hub Professional, Sales Hub Professional, Service Hub Professional, Operations Hub Professional, CMS Hub Professional, or higher. See below for how to build the calculation property, that will count the number of deals on a company.

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 11.35.00 AM.png

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Joshua Beatty
Software Developer with Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk