CRM

JCSalesOps
Participant

Looking to create Notifications for Leads past due

Résolue

I would Like Sales Operations to receieve a notification when a lead is not actioned within 24 hours. I undertstand I can set every set a Contact to "follow" but that is manual and Marketing sends the leads to Sales. That step can easily be missed when we do not know about the lead. Furthermore I don't like that I have to go back and "unfollow" a contact that was a lead and the deal has progressed. I want to capture leads that go to sales and not actioned within 24 hours. 

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
dianalcont
Solution
Contributeur de premier rang | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Résolue

@JCSalesOps 

I see - in the same workflow you can add a notification (either in-app, email or text message) to be sent to you. This can be setup for any milestone you want to know about. That way you don't have to follow a contact you just get to know the fun stuff! You can personalize the body with tokens from the contact like:

- name

- company

- last activity date

- lifecycle stage

- contact owner

- became a ____ date

Have you thought about making active lists? It might keep your notification center and inbox clean. Parameters for your list might be last activity date more than x days, became a ____ x days ago, associated deals.... That way you have on-demand information about who has not been actioned on and who is making progress.

Do you think any of these can be good alternatives to manually following?

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Diana Contreras
Helping B2Bs grow faster with a systematic inbound marketing framework.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 30 Minutes with Diana »

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

4 Réponses
dianalcont

Résolue

Hi @JCSalesOps 

How are your leads being handed over to sales? Is your team updating the lifecycle stage from MQL to SQL? How are you assigning the contact owner once you hand off the lead?

I would suggest a workflow to automate this and I'll just give you two scenarios since I'm coming in here not knowing your process.

Contact is an SQL and there is no contact owner:

- set contact owner based on region, product/service area, company size, etc.

- delay 24 hours

- if contact has no activity after 24 hours assign a task to contact owner

Contact is an SQL and contact owner is known:

- Create task for contact owner for follow-up (this can be customized to display important follow-up information so sales rep doesn't have to dig too deep in contact record) 

These will only work if the sales team is dillegent about logging phone calls, emails, or meetings scheduled in the contact record. 

Let me know if this is what you are looking for or if you want a more reports or lists focused approach.

Best,

Diana

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Diana Contreras
JCSalesOps
Participant

Résolue

Thanks!! this definately helps but I also want insight into this for the Sales Operations Team. In other CRM tools I had the ability to create notifications for all leads and deals to show progress or alert Sales Operations that something was not handled on time or a deadline was missed. How can I create a notification to tell me when a lead is not actioned in 24 hours? I see your solution will work but for the Lead Owner only. I can't possibly go into every lead upon creation and "follow" it manually. Perhaps that can be scripted and would that solve the problem?

0 Votes
StefaniUAT
Conseiller clé

Résolue

@JCSalesOps I would suggest reporting for this.

You can create a report, status is any of XYZ and Last Activity Date has not been updated in the last 1 day. I am using Stage is any of accepted based on the data in my database. However, you can use any filter criteria to choose which records you want to pull the report on. I can help with some examples if I have more information on how you organize your data and what you want to pull reports on exactly.

Report: 

Reports > Create Custom Report > Cross Object Report: Contacts and Activities > 

Data Filters: 

Filters 1.png

You can also pull a report on certain sales representatives or entire teams that have open tasks that are overdue. Something to the effect of:

Filter 2.png

You can pull reports based on records that do not have a scheduled task, meeting, call, etc. that needs to be followed up with. 

Reports > Create Custom Report > Single object Report: Contacts and Activities > 

Data Filters: 

Filters 3.png

However, keep in mind that the "Last Activity has not been updated in XYZ days" is only available in reporting. I just found out about this property today and can't wait to use it in 10+ reports! However, you can use the report and always go to the report > Go to Contacts > Checkmark All > Create Tasks > Assign Task to Manager.

You are able to use the same/similar filters to create automated tasks to the contact owner or manager. My best advice is to get comfortable with the reporting tool! Once you do this, you get a good idea of how things are going, who is falling through the cracks, etc. Feel free to reply with any specific reporting/automated task creation that you are looking for and I can look into it!

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect
dianalcont
Solution

Résolue

@JCSalesOps 

I see - in the same workflow you can add a notification (either in-app, email or text message) to be sent to you. This can be setup for any milestone you want to know about. That way you don't have to follow a contact you just get to know the fun stuff! You can personalize the body with tokens from the contact like:

- name

- company

- last activity date

- lifecycle stage

- contact owner

- became a ____ date

Have you thought about making active lists? It might keep your notification center and inbox clean. Parameters for your list might be last activity date more than x days, became a ____ x days ago, associated deals.... That way you have on-demand information about who has not been actioned on and who is making progress.

Do you think any of these can be good alternatives to manually following?

Diana Contreras