Looking for HS privacy policy for the company/contacts information database that HS users build

Highlighted
New Contributor

I am looking to clarify how HubSpot protects or uses the information of contacts and companies we enter into our database. I noticed the image for a contact often autofills - no problem. Then I noticed there is auto filled company information "from Hubspot Insights Database". This got me thinking about the privacy of the information about leads that we enter into our database... Does HubSpot share this company information with other HubSpot users? What are the "Third Parties" that HS uses to get Company information?

I'd love to get an answer and see the policy addressing this issue. All I found was the policy about HS User's privacy.

- thanks

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor | Platinum Partner

Hi @cadesign,

Here's a link to the HubSpot Privacy Policy which goes into quite a bit of detail.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank you Josh -

I was aware of that privacy policy page but most of it seems to only address personal information of Hubspot users. I don't see a specific section dealing with the data that we enter into HubSpot such as contacts and company information. It is not clear if this is considered "Personal Information".

Also, I would llike to have more clarity about the "Hubspot Insights Database" and who the "Third Parties" are that Hubspot uses to gather data on Companies. Specifically, is HubSpot using the information that users gather to compile data on companies?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor | Platinum Partner

Hi @cadesign,

Here's a link to the HubSpot Product Privacy Policy, which I believe is more specific to that. Also, here is a link to the data privacy resources.

In summary, how I read it (for the record, I'm 100% not a lawyer and this is not legal advice), they protect the data integrity and storage to their fullest capabilities, but ultimately it's on the customer to be responsible with their data. 

Regarding the company insights, per @edjusten on a separate post (though from 2017, I believe is still accurate): "Basically, HubSpot maintains its own database, but relies on information from other commercial and public sources including LinkedIn. As you can imagine, keeping up a database with tens of millions of data point can be challenging. I've fielded questions about (and seen) incorrect data in the past, but for the most part, information is accurate. "

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank you Josh. This is closer to what I was looking for:

5. Data Transfers and Privacy Shield

Privacy Shield Notice
HubSpot participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss–U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. The following affiliated entities adhere to the Privacy Shield principles: HubSpot Ireland Limited, HubSpot Germany GmbH, HubSpot Australia Pty Ltd, HubSpot Asia Pte. Ltd., HubSpot France S.A.S, and HubSpot Japan KK. HubSpot is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries and Switzerland, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List at https://www.privacyshield.gov.

Contact

Data Protection Officer (DPO) 

Nicholas Knoop

privacy@hubspot.com

HubSpot, Inc.
25 First Street, 2nd Floor
Cambridge, MA 02141 USA "

From https://legal.hubspot.com/product-privacy-policy

0 Upvotes