Looking for Best Practices when contacts are in different time zones

Highlighted
Top Advisor

Hi all!

This is the first time in my years of being a HubSpot user that my contacts are not local. I am on the East Coast and have contacts throughout the United States.  New considerations are the business hours and the time zone. 

I am custom fielded to death....but if it is a best practice.......I'll reluctantly consider it.

What tips do you have on adjusting and being efficient?

Thank you.

Chris

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Community Manager

Hi @gelflex-cc,

Are you looking for suggestions on how to denote which time zone contacts are in, or how to organize your contacts so you are communicating with them during working hours?

Let us know where you're getting stuck and what your end goal is and we can help you! Smiley Happy 

Thanks,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Top Advisor

Hi @jennysowyrda 

Great questions (I should have answered in the post, sorry)!

I have the timezone as one of the visible fields and I have added  M-S fields for hours. As we know, task hours default to 8am. For follow up tasks created after an email, I am guilty of not changing the time. If the task is set up manually I have about a 50% rate of fixing the time.  Other days I search task times and check for viability (I have the time right now and may not in the future).

I am used to having prospects and clients in my timezone and am not transitioning well to those in Hawaii and California that I want to call at 9 AM Eastern time or at 2PM eater time they tell me to call back after 5 PM pacific time. 

I am sure there is a workflow, being on the free crm version, this is not an option. I am an admin but not a super admin so no Zapier option to look at either. 

My thought was, as I have suggested to others, there must be someone out there who either has or had the same pain point and true brainstorming creates amazing results. 

End goal is alway to be more efficient.

Thank you for your interest and support.

Chris

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Thank you for the additional insight @gelflex-cc!

@adeelfaisal@himanshurauthan@chriscardone do you have any suggestions or thoughts for @gelflex-cc?

Thanks,

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes