CRM

Adhinata
Participant

Loging Activity against a company or contact?

SOLVE

Hi

I was wondering what is best practise for using Hubspot?

E.g I am having a conversation with a contact via LinkedIn - I grab a copy of the conversation to paste into Hubspot

Should i log this against company activity or contact activity or both?

Trying to avoid double entry, but i assume a company activity log doesnt cross reference with a contact at the same listed company to display in the overall company activity?

Any suggestions?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
nicolebrenner
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @AdhinataNotes, Tasks, and Marketing activity will not carry over to the associated company's timeline. Only sales engagements (CRM emails, calls, meetings, and logged activities) will carry over to the associated company's timeline. 

For more information, check out this article: Why is my contacts activity not appearing in the associated company timeline

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Adhinata

All activites logged against a contact will also show on the associated company's timeline. Therefore it makes sense if you apply your linkedin message copy to the contact record. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
Adhinata
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Phil 

So you would always recommend any company correspondence be recorded against the contact?

is there any reason or cause of why i would not see this in the company timeline?

I have a contact associated with a company (his email address is a different domain to the associated company domain)

I recorded our conversation as a note - do i need to log it as an activity?

i dont see the conversation as a note on the company timeline

also i cant remember if the note was added before or after the contact was associated with the company - do i make an assumption that the association needs to be in place before the note is added?

0 Upvotes
nicolebrenner
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @AdhinataNotes, Tasks, and Marketing activity will not carry over to the associated company's timeline. Only sales engagements (CRM emails, calls, meetings, and logged activities) will carry over to the associated company's timeline. 

For more information, check out this article: Why is my contacts activity not appearing in the associated company timeline