CRM

dawnlinsk
Participant

Logging emails when there are multiple deals for same company/contact

SOLVE

Sometimes we have multiple deals running for the same company and contact that are separate from each other. If we log an email via our email client (in our case we're using Google Suite) is there any way to specify what deal this relates to, or is it logged in all deals for that contact?

1 Accepted solution
Daniel-Attentiv
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @dawnlinsk,

It will register in all deals where that contact is in.

I don't think there's a way to pick which deal to register yet, unfortunately! 

Hope this helps,

Daniel

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16
MK_Orz

SOLVE

I've come across(shameless plug) a potential solution that might help those of you dealing with emails sent to multiple deals in HubSpot. You can find more details in this HubSpot community discussion:
https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Outlook-Sales-Extension/Emails-to-a-contact-are-going-to-multiple-d...

The idea is to create deal-specific email "aliases" like this:

All these emails should route to a central inbox:

This allows you and your end users to track emails and deals individually, streamlining your communication process.

Keep in mind that this is still a theoretical solution, and its effectiveness may vary depending on your unique use case.

Additionally, implementing this approach may require you to create new contacts to assign these aliases. To maintain a "parent-child" relationship, consider using custom properties or tags to link contacts together, categorizing them based on their relationships, such as "Parent Company" and "Child Contact."

Let's hope the HubSpot gods smile upon this idea!

Please share your thoughts or experiences with this method. We're all here to maximize our use of HubSpot.

0 Upvotes
TDukes
Participant

SOLVE

Having emails associated with all deals for a customer makes very little sense. Take this example.

Me: Dear Client A (with whom we have ten ongoing deals), when do you want us to deliver the materials for project 01?

Client A: March 5, please.

This information is not relevant to have under all ten deals. Rather it can be very confusing and worst case we end delivering on the right date but to the wrong deal.

This seems like a basic CRM function, so I really hope the Hubspot dev team will look into it. 🙂

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @TDukes , 

I was able to find this idea here that was delivered with more details in the next step. I was able to investigate more and see that what happens to other users is that the name is repeated in several deals it is auto-selected. 

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

TimLCooley
Participant

SOLVE

Any word on a solution for this? We have clients that look at their deals. In the log, it will show emails associated with other deals to the same contact. This not only looks sloppy, but there could be sensitive material coming through and now a client can read anything that is happening. Not sure why this hasn't been fixed yet.

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @TimLCooley,

Could you please provide us more details on how your clients are seeing their deals? Do they have access to your HubSpot account? How are the emails sent? Separated or to multiple contacts at the same time? 

The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

adodge
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

It was also suggested by our power users Josh and Lena that when a user is in their email client and the side bar pops open asking if you would like to log an email to the contact record to also include an option to log it to an associated deal(s).  And then let you select which deal. 

Also, perhaps we can incorporate tags for emails so they can automatically route the correct deal. 

TrujayTina
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Does anyone know when this feature will be available?

0 Upvotes
adodge
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

How long does it take for my Idea to get built?

It entirely depends on the traction your Idea receives from other users and the feasibility of the feature request. While the general rule is that the more popular a thread, the more likely it is to receive consideration from our Product team, this is not a certainty. An Idea may receive a high amount of upvotes, but if the feature isn’t able to be produced due to a technical, ethical, or legal reason, no amount of upvotes will be able to change that. That being said, sometimes our Product team finds a unique Idea with only a handful of upvotes and decides to move it into development. 

JimHarris
Contributor

SOLVE

This is something we need as well.

Most of our users prefer to work out of gmail and being able to specify which deal to flag a email for using the extension would go a long way for user experience.

Also, other CRMs have a helpful feature where if you mention a deal# in the subject line or body the CRM recognizes this and automatically associates that email with that deal record. It was helpful for when you are emailing contacts that are not associated with that deal, for us that is logistics parterners who are not the customer but people we have to cordinate to get the customer taken care of.

Please continue to flesh out the functionality of the chrome extension!

nomadgcs
Participant

SOLVE

Agreed Jim.

I have migrated from Microsoft Dynamics and one of the things I loved about that CRM was the ability to set regarding to an opportunity (in this case deal).

I work on large solutions which can have 30-40+ contacts "associated" with a deal across multiple companies/agencies/vendors.  I want to see all deal activity tracked to a deal, not a contact.  Or I will have one representative who will be responsible for 20+ deals and I want to track the email specific to the deal not to the contact.  Essentially I want the deal to RULE.  If it is associated with the contact that is fine, but I really need to see the information at my fingertips for the deal.

I realize you can track it if you use the Hubspot internal email function, but I work extensively out of my desktop outlook.

This would be a great feature to add!

Daniel-Attentiv
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @dawnlinsk,

It will register in all deals where that contact is in.

I don't think there's a way to pick which deal to register yet, unfortunately! 

Hope this helps,

Daniel

raulramoso
Participant

SOLVE

Hello @Daniel-Attentiv . Has HS got a solution for this issue?

0 Upvotes
ic005qx00

SOLVE

Hi,

Has there been any update on this request? Or is it still not available?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
dc-usa
Contributor

SOLVE

Is there at least a way to disable the association of emails to Deals? And just let me do it manually? 

As-is, this is making my Deals Activity Stream useless. I have far too much communication with our Contacts, and so 99% of my feed is email traffic completely unrelated to the Deal. 

Garreth
Participant

SOLVE

I have the same issue, I acquire new business and then my colleague then needs to manage these acquired clients afterwards with ongoing maintenance work, he needs to be able to manage existing clients after I've acquired the new business without his communication flooding mine. 

When I have multiple deals with the same clients, the new deal activity log gets flooded with email chatter that's not related to this new deal. 

dawnlinsk
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you, hopefully this'll be something to change in the next update.

0 Upvotes